Dynamat in a 2001 F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynamat in a 2001 F150

I was wondering if anyone here has used Dynamat in their truck and how well did it work?

Its defentally not cheap, but I would also like to not hear my Flows roaring and the road noise while going 70. I would like to be able to talk without yelling.

One last question, is it worth it if I just did my doors and maybe the back wall behind my seat (supercab)

thanks in advance!

Old 02-21-2005, 04:13 AM
SilverB,

I did my reg cab with dynamat, doors and cab back for just a tad over $100 bucks and it help quiet the cab pretty good.
I also have duals and it did Isolate the exhaust sound well. The stereo also sounds better now too..

Sled...

Old 02-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did it in my Ext Cab. A big difference in roadnoise. It's worth the $ and the weekend to do this.
You will need to pull the front seats at least for the under carpet install.
If you live in a hot climate (I'm in New Orleans) don't use the cheap stuff for the doors because it will melt. Only use Extreme and use the cheaper stuff for the floor.
I got two cases of Extreme Dynamat off the web for about U$125 each.
Two bulk packs will let you do all 4 doors, the back and most of the floor.

Fritz

Old 02-22-2005, 12:00 AM
silverbf150

wanted to send you to a site to see your other options.

www.sounddeadener.com
they have a cheaper (but it works as well) alternative to dynamat

also if your interested in the spray on avenue for the doors (it works for superior to dynamat on the doors, but DM still wins on the floors because of heat issues) check out Dynashield by dynamat or Cascade VB-1S Pro (a.k.a. the Quiet-Kote). Just search google or check back with me and I'll find it for you.

Fosgate also makes a good noise killer/moisture barrier but is too expensive for most of my customers.

Just thought I would let you see some more options.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:45 PM
go to www.mcmaster.com type in tape in the search box. click on find, go to roofing and scroll down till you see self stick roll roofing. i have talked to a few people that have used this. i myself am looking for something cause i am installing a stereo system and do not want to pay for dynamat.

Quick Reply: Dynamat in a 2001 F150