The question everyone wants answered...oh yeah I'm asking it

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking LMAO

think i'll give it a try tonight...worded very eloquently (sp?)... i especially like the wording "massive" used in reference to the AT's, nice touch... i think that the tires right now aren't going to be a problem grabbing (cause we're close enough to needing new ones i can just go get some, i'm going to put 285's on my 2wd and if they rub i'll trim or use it as an excuse to get a lift)... anyone of you fine members think of a good excuse to get a lift (from a wife's view)... i've had some real dusyies (such as angle of horse trailer, and suspension upgrade...lol) but i'm looking for some more to keep me laughing... keep it up guys

Old 04-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Thumbs up wife just chimed in......

she says lift? YES! Safety First!
When she is behind me in her Bronco II, all she can see is a red rolling billboard for Ford
And all I got is a stock height 4x4!
PS, 285's may not be big enuff, it's what is on mine and no trimming required! Engage Search feature!
Size matters!
Jeff

Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
i've done some searching and i think pre-lift 4X2 will at max fit the 285's, but after lift i agree i can go bigger but i don't want to experience any loss of power (don't need that with an offroadin V6 4X2). but thanks for the input

Old 04-28-2004, 02:16 AM
POD - There is a guy at work that has this for sale:

set of 4 285/75 R16 B.F Goodrich All-Terrain T/A Radials
Mounted on Centerline Hellcats (5 Lug)
around 16,000 miles on tires and wheels, never seen snow
$800 Firm (I tried to talk him down, but no go)

He says they will fit 97-03 F150 4x4

Not sure if there is a difference in lug size for the 2 wheel drive....

if your interested, shoot me an email

Old 04-28-2004, 08:04 AM
just sent you an email about getting some pics. let me know if you didn't get it. thanks engine

Old 04-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Re: LMAO

Originally posted by payableondeath6
anyone of you fine members think of a good excuse to get a lift (from a wife's view)... i've had some real dusyies (such as angle of horse trailer, and suspension upgrade...lol) but i'm looking for some more to keep me laughing... keep it up guys
Well, you could go with the safety angle...

"Sweetheart, love-of-my-life, you know it would be soooo much safer for me to work on my truck if I did not have to put it on a jack to crawl under it. You know that is extremely dangerous as the jack could fail and there I would be, squashed beyond all recognition. You know what we could do...this is just an idea mind you...we could put a lift on the truck. Yea!!! Oh, honey, baby-doll...just think about it, no more risking my life to change the oil because it would be tall enough to crawl under without the aforementioned dangerous jack!! Whaddya say darlin? In the interest of safety we should get a lift, I'm certain that 3" would be sufficient to prevent you from becoming a widow at such an early age"

Good Luck!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 04:21 AM
Re: Re: LMAO

Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
Well, you could go with the safety angle...

"Sweetheart, love-of-my-life, you know it would be soooo much safer for me to work on my truck if I did not have to put it on a jack to crawl under it. You know that is extremely dangerous as the jack could fail and there I would be, squashed beyond all recognition. You know what we could do...this is just an idea mind you...we could put a lift on the truck. Yea!!! Oh, honey, baby-doll...just think about it, no more risking my life to change the oil because it would be tall enough to crawl under without the aforementioned dangerous jack!! Whaddya say darlin? In the interest of safety we should get a lift, I'm certain that 3" would be sufficient to prevent you from becoming a widow at such an early age"

Good Luck!!!

Be careful POD..........I smell a setup! I think WMRose and your wife are in cahoots together.....they are setting you up big time if you use that line!! No woman would ever fall for the old honey, sugarplum, sweetheart routine!!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 11:15 AM
hmmm

a setup...usually i reserve the honey baby sugar sweet talking only for the times of dire need (when it looks like me and my dog may be switching bunks for the night... ) but i'll have to agree that using that in this circumstance could prove fatal. i do like the easier oil change angle (last time i took the truck in to have the oil change although i usually do it myself, so i'll go with the angle that i can save about $20 every other month...so the lift will pay for itself...oh yeah). keep the great ideas coming guys, i'll have to say this has been very benenfitial.

Old 04-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Re: Re: Re: LMAO

Originally posted by Engine391
Be careful POD..........I smell a setup! I think WMRose and your wife are in cahoots together.....they are setting you up big time if you use that line!! No woman would ever fall for the old honey, sugarplum, sweetheart routine!!!!
I'm crushed that you think I'd set up a perfectly innocent man like POD. What kind of a girl do you think I am?? BTW POD...your wife wrote your phone number down on this itty bitty, teeny tiny piece of paper so's I could get ahold of her and I've gone and lost it............................

Old 05-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: LMAO

Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
BTW POD...your wife wrote your phone number down on this itty bitty, teeny tiny piece of paper so's I could get ahold of her and I've gone and lost it............................

LOL! See, what did I tell you....they are in it together. Sometimes I think they can talk to each other telepathically, and shoot down everything we are thinking.

Old 05-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LMAO

Originally posted by Engine391
LOL! See, what did I tell you....they are in it together. Sometimes I think they can talk to each other telepathically, and shoot down everything we are thinking.
That's Right!! Thanks for reminding me!! Never mind about the phone number POD we've got telepathy!! Forgot there for a minute...gonna have to contact her and form some new plans......

Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 AM
ahhh crap

i'm screwed , please don't use the telepathy, i just got her talked into a lift kit, that was a lot of hard work and i'd hate to have it all ruined by you telepathy. ok, i'm going to have to do it, i'm wrapping my apartment in tin foil (that blocks telepathy ), i didn't want to have to do it but you made me

Old 05-01-2004, 02:11 PM
I have a story that goes along with this one. My brother in law has always wanted a Ford SD with a lift and he finally found one but his wife was skeptical at first but she went a drove it and now she is the one driving it around. He drives it on the weekends but his wife usually can be seen driving a SD with a six inch lift and 35 inch tires around town. She wrecked it last winter but she still gets to drive it around. I am just waiting for the next wreck.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:12 PM
exactly

and that my friends is why i don't let her drive it what she doesn't know won't hurt me...or my truck

Old 05-01-2004, 08:33 PM
ok, gonna step up for the ladies here and everywhere....

my wife was driving my truck in Jan, when she "wrecked it". A Honda CRX decided to throw itself out in front of her from a side street.
At 50 mph, she took avoidance measures but still wound up running over it. The front 1/2 of the CRX was FUBAR, but the truck only suffered two right side blown tires and a little wrinkled lower panels.....
and although it got ALL kinds of squirrley, she kept it shinney side up and parked it on the shoulder of the road.
And this was her first EVER accident!
Not called Ford tough for nothing!

Quick Reply: The question everyone wants answered...oh yeah I'm asking it