Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Long Island dealer for service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Long Island dealer for service?

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendation for a "trustworthy" dealership to have my truck serviced at on Long Island. Smithtown Ford and Northport Ford are closest to me (but Northport's salesmen kind of turned me off when I was shopping). Since I purchased out of state, I need to find a reputable dealer to get service done that is fairly local. I am hearing a strange rattle/tick/ping sound that does not seem to be affecting performance and I don't want to get it back in worse shape than it went in.
I have had bad experiences with dealer service in the past, hence my apprehension.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I bought my truck from Sayville Ford but i live closest to Burns...I only brought my truck in once to Burns for my 1st oil change and to have the blackwalls face out on the tires. I waited for the truck so i watched the kid that did both jobs. He was a slob and left greasy hand prints all over the interior and when i got home the truck was 2 quarts low.Good thing i only live 1 mile away. He also could have been a little kinder to the rims. But that was just the 1 kid , mabye someone else would have been more careful. Now i am back to doing my own oil changes. Supposedly Northport has 1 of the top 5 Ford mechanics in the country. Scroll down on this link and you can email him if you have a ?
http://www.northportford.com/pages/p...d=3005&navid=3

Old 04-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks. I'll contact him via e-mail.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I bought mine at Riverhead ford, I cant say enough good things about them and there service. Funny thing is when I bought my truck I complained about the lack of power my truck had 2 different times and they said they couldnt do anything about it. The head service guy pulled me aside and told me to get a programer and just return the stock tune before every service. Best mod I have to date on my truck is the Edge now. Very nice people to deal with. A friend of mine bought a 02 HD f-150 from Sayville and has nothing but problems from them. They have a lot of disgruntled employes.

Quick Reply: Long Island dealer for service?