Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

good dealerships for service work in northern new jersey

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good dealerships for service work in northern new jersey

i know there is a seperate area for dealership comments, but my concerns are region specific, so i am going to try here first.

i live in morris county new jersey, and work in passaic county (clifton) and need to find a good dealership that is familiar with working on f150's.

i have tried two dealerships in morris county, and was not to happy with either. a few weeks ago i brought my truck in for three issues, they had the truck for 4 days, and when i got it back, none of them were resolved, and now it has to go back.

i am leaning towards trying fette ford in clifton. its close to my work, they have been there forever, and they seem to always have alot of trucks on the lot.

i have concerns that i may have an internal oil leak (had the head gasket thing done 30k ago) but i seem to be going through oil fast, my anti freeze looks okay to me, and i have no spotting on the ground. this was not one of the last issues i last brought it in for. i have this to get checked out and some other work that needs to be done.

i know the target audience that can help me is going to be real small, but i figured i would try here and see if anybody has had good experience's in this geographic are that they are willing to share.

i appreciate the time that anyone takes for posting their feedback (if any)

thanks.

Old 01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Talking

I live in Clifton. I personally dont like Fette Ford. I service my KR at All American Ford in Hackensack.

Old 01-02-2004, 11:45 AM
I've been to Wayne Ford on 46 twice (bad syncos in trans and broken rear shock which went through my bed). I had a good experience with the dealer on both occasions.

Old 01-02-2004, 02:00 PM
thanks guys,

just made an appointment with wayne ford and they were real nice on the phone.

i drive past there every day going to work, so the location is perfect.

they're easy to drive past during rush hour (and miss them), so they didn't even pop to mind when i was thinking of places. i grew up in wayne, which should have made me think of them also.

thanks.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:52 AM
okay,

got the truck back yesterday from wayne ford (in wayne, new jersey).

heres the good & the bad (to me, the good outweighs the bad)

bad

1)price

good

1) dealership personal
2) honesty in how they handled the job & answered my questions
3) success in repairing the truck.

the dealership called me every time prior to an expense increase for the job. they did it when they said they would, and it was ready as promised. they diagnosed the problem, and the truck is running better than before. their labor-rate and parts pricing are a little high, but i am willing to pay this if that is what it takes to get my truck repaired properly. i will bring this truck back to them in the future if it needs more repairs.

prior to having the work done at wayne ford, i brought it to another dealership in east hanover for the same problems. they gave me a bill of approximately 70 dollars and told me i was good to go. not one of the issues was resolved, and they were no parts on the bill.

wayne's bill was substantially more, my truck however is fixed. prior dealership had the truck for 4 days (i incurred car rental fees) and did nothing. wayne ford did me right.

thank you to the folks who helped steer me in the right direction.

Old 01-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
didn't see this till just now

glad to see your truck was repaired. I can highly recommend All American Ford in Hackensack also. I've bought both my Lightnings from them and the few times my truck(s) where in for service, the truck was fixed right the first time and on time

Quick Reply: good dealerships for service work in northern new jersey