Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yellow stx
Thats a nice car cause it's not made by GM, It's made by Holden in Australia
Holden IS GM..

Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the car. It is a dramatic improvement in power and performance but... they should have got rid of the name "taurus". Something this new and unique from one of the "big 3" should have gotten a new name.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford tried departing from the Taurus moniker with the Ford Five Hundred, but due to dwindling and nearly non-existant sales, felt they had to continue with the Taurus nameplate due to it's familiarity with the car buying public.

But I've always kinda laughed at the "Taurus" and "sable" when I see them on the road :P

Really exciting, aggressive names for sedan

Last edited by hydeph; 01-07-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I own the G8, it is a GREAT car... but it's no where near as technologically sophisticated as the SHO. Of course it's also $12,000 cheaper, too.

Holden is GM Australia, but you'd never know this was a GM car until you look under the hood and see the corporate LS engine. The fit, finish, and materials are so far above the cheap plastic crap they use over here it is like night and day difference.

I've seen the SHO up close, it looks like an incredibly well-built car. I'd buy one without hesitation. And the cool thing is we have family that works for both Ford and GM so the employee pricing is never more than a phone call away

Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I went and sat in a SHO at one of the local dealerships not too long ago...that thing is BAD A! However, you think they would put more rear legroom in such a big car. Its almost coupe-like rear seating. But in the front seat, it just feels like sitting in a sports car - everything is right at your fingertips and the seats grip you like they should in a sports car.

Quick Reply: NEWS: New Taurus Hitting Bull's Eye