F150 and Expy NAV showing Disc Error

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F150 and Expy NAV showing Disc Error

I'm asking this question for my dad regarding his 2007 Expedition. It has the factory Navigation HU, and will not read the map disc.

We spoke with a dealer after trying to clean the disc and the reader. They said that the unit might be done, and that we could purchase a new disc to test if that would work but don't count on it. The truck was a month out of an extended Ford warranty when it started having issues , and it worked intermittently for about 8 months until now when it doesn't work at all.

Has anyone else had this issue? the dealer's reaction was that it was a fairly common issue. If it was under warranty they would have removed and put in a new one as it is not a serviceable part. Any tips for other ways to get it to work?

Where could we find this map disc if we were to try the test? We are a bit wary of paying big money for something that we can't return if its not the problem. Otherwise, where is a good place to find a new/used factory nav head unit for a reasonable price.

PS. In my understanding the NAV unit is identical to those installed from the Factory in 06-08 F150

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 03-30-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: omission
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Same deal here

I have a 2007 F-150 Lariat with the DVD nav and the exact same thing happened. Took the nav disc out, put it back in, and it errors nonstop now. The whole unit is a pile of crap, it ate a few of my friends CD's a while after this that I have yet to be able to get out. I am under warranty luckily so they are replacing it free of charge, but it's still a steaming pile of dung.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:21 AM
if they wont replace it you can always buy a aftermarket unit. alpine makes one with garmin maps loaded on a sd card. and when you need to update the maps you can either purchase from garmin and put on the card and call it a day or you can look for downloads for them.

Quick Reply: F150 and Expy NAV showing Disc Error