BrandMotion - Bluetooth Blue Connect

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrandMotion - Bluetooth Blue Connect

I purchased both of them for my 2004. They gave me a pretty good, not great deal, on them.

I installed them both a week or two ago. I figured I'd give a quick writeup and review of them for those looking in the future.

Brandmotion BlueConnect

Install:

Because my 04 doesn't have powered rails I had to pull out the A pillar, fish wire across the headliner down the open A pillar, under the dash and to the radio. It really wasn't bad. Fishing the wire through the headliner was the most tedious task. It came with an inline adapter that sits between the radio and its power plug. Total install time 30 minutes.

Programming:

Very easy. Hooked right up to my Raxr Maxx VE. It doesn't download the phone's phonebook but allows you to put in 32 entries with 4 numbers per entry. More than enough for me while driving.

Use:

The system's voice has good quality and is clear. People that I'm talking to can tell I'm on a wireless connection but say it isn't bad just different. They sound fine to me.

I like the digit dial option. You hit the button and say "Dial 410-555-1212" and it does.

Other uses:

"Call Mom"

You can enter DTMF (I think that is what it is called) via the voice too.

For instance.

"Call Voicemail"

When prompted for my password you hit the 2nd button and say "1234 pound" and it sends "1234#"

Price:
Call them, they will do better than their web price. You may need a membership at ford-trucks.com to help negotiate it.

Ease of Install: 7/10
Use: 9/10
Look: 9/10
Price: 7/10

Overall I'm happy with the Blueconnect.

Last edited by vader716; 07-13-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: BrandMotion - Bluetooth Blue Connect