really weird...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy really weird...HELP!

ok ive got an 05 supercrew xlt..everything was working until i tried to install a new cd/nav unit, the pioneer avic-z2...ive done radio installs before so i think i did everything right...but first it started out i get everything installed and it works fine but the truck wont start..so i had it checked out and it needed a new fuel pump relay...this is fused to the fuse panel in the passenger kick panel so i had to take it to the dealership to get that replaced...now it starts and runs fine but when i turn on the headlights the engine shuts off and also it wont start again unless u turn the lights off...also the gas gauge isnt working and something is wrong with the airbags and also only the back right speaker works....like i said weird...any ideas??

Old 05-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Holy smokes man I've never heard of such problems coming from a install before. What does it do if you remove the radio all together? Also did you use a harness adapter to install the new head unit? I'd place bets on you having the wrong harness if you used one. I'd guess the radio dimmer line is grounding out causing the problems with the headlights. That's just my theory.

One this is certain it's definitely wired up wrong.

Last edited by Impact9; 05-11-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
i can put the factory back in and still have the same problems..and yea i used a wiring harness and had somebody double check me and it looks fine

Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by red24698
ok ive got an 05 supercrew xlt..everything was working until i tried to install a new cd/nav unit, the pioneer avic-z2...ive done radio installs before so i think i did everything right...but first it started out i get everything installed and it works fine but the truck wont start..so i had it checked out and it needed a new fuel pump relay...this is fused to the fuse panel in the passenger kick panel so i had to take it to the dealership to get that replaced...now it starts and runs fine but when i turn on the headlights the engine shuts off and also it wont start again unless u turn the lights off...also the gas gauge isnt working and something is wrong with the airbags and also only the back right speaker works....like i said weird...any ideas??
Wow that is crazy. My suggestion: Have a professional installer look at it..it will cost money but you need some guidance right now. OR

Visit the www.the12volt.com and post your issue and see what responses you get. MOST of the people there are advanced DIY'ers and professional in stallers.

Man, good luck that sounds crazy.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by red24698
i can put the factory back in and still have the same problems..and yea i used a wiring harness and had somebody double check me and it looks fine

If all you did was removed that old radio and put in a new radio with the correct adapter I wouldn't think anything was done wrong. Might be a victim of circumstance.

Say what happens if you have no radio installed what so ever? I mean everything is 100% back to factory with not even the factory radio installed.

Double check your harnesses for bent pins inside connectors, chaffed wires around metal supports that might be shorted, visually check with a repair manual that the harness was wired correctly.