Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone Attend ILCC Aviation program? Any pilots?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Attend ILCC Aviation program? Any pilots?

Hey all! Just as the title says, anyone attend Iowa Lakes Community College Aviation program? I have always wanted to be a flyer(grandpa who i was named after was a fighter/test pilot in the Air Force), but have never been able to afford it.

Well, been thinking about getting off active duty and going guard so i can go back to school, and stumbled across their program.. Turns out my GI bill will pay for 100% of the program, including ALL flight fees.

This is pretty awesome news for me, however i have no idea how job placement would be after graduating.. I dont want to drain my GI bill(the two years costs almost $40K), then not be able to get a job with the degree/flight training..

Also, are there any pilots that can help me out?! is it worth using almost my entire GI bill to do this? What sort of jobs will i be able to find?

Here is an excert from the college "Once you have successfully completed the Aviation/Airport Management program you will have private and commercial pilot licenses, instrument rating and certified flight instructor rating, instrument flight instructor rating and/or multi-engine rating"

Quick Reply: Anyone Attend ILCC Aviation program? Any pilots?