Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Big.

If you dont mind me asking, did you get the gears/install kit through work or somewhere else? Been looking around for a set of 4.56s at a decent price.
I got almost everything through work here from a supplier we have an account with. PM me if you want me to get you a quote. I went with Genuine Gear because they were a fraction of the cost of Yukon's. They have a lifetime warranty so we'll see what happens I guess. I got the front master install kit through them but I actually found a heck of a deal on eBay for the rear kit. Was like $75 shipped to my door and has everything but fluid! Lucked out on that one.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow JD those tires are huge , and the gun range doesn't look like it has had enough bullet holes put into it yet

Well guys I managed to get the spark plugs in my three valve out this weekend. I had zero breaks thank god. While I was at it I decided it needed a new fuel filter, as well as an oil change. And as if that was not enough work for the weekend I also have the speaker pods almost finished. I am hoping by mid week I should have them done.

Joke of the day:
Three guys are drinking in a bar when a drunk comes in, staggers up to them, and points at the guy in the middle, shouting, "Your mom's the best lay in town!"

Everyone expects a fight, but the guy ignores him, and the drunk wanders off and bellies up to the bar at the far end.

Ten minutes later, the drunk comes back, points at the same guy, and says, "I just screwed your mom, and it was sweet!"

Again the guy refuses to take the bait, and the drunk goes back to the far end of the bar.

Ten minutes later, he comes back and announces, "Your mom liked it!"

Finally the guy interrupts. "Go home, Dad,... you're drunk!"

Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Wow JD those tires are huge , and the gun range doesn't look like it has had enough bullet holes put into it yet

Well guys I managed to get the spark plugs in my three valve out this weekend. I had zero breaks thank god. While I was at it I decided it needed a new fuel filter, as well as an oil change. And as if that was not enough work for the weekend I also have the speaker pods almost finished. I am hoping by mid week I should have them done.
I love the tires - right now they seem a bit overkill but once the other lift gets put on - it's going to all blend together nicely (I hope anyways!).

Yeah - after building the wall on Saturday we went to town and then yesterday was really windy so I haven't shot at it yet. Looked at a few rifles at Scheel's. Only one I am really starting to like is the Remington 700 SPS varmint. Not sure I want to spend that much though right now. I hear there is a gun show in Crete this coming weekend - will go to that and see what they have.

Congratulations on the spark plug job - glad it all worked out for ya. If you worked on it on Saturday at least you had some awesome weather to be outside! I know I did - even got a slight sunburn on my neck!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 AM

Ya it sure was a nice day for it. And once you get the body lift on there that is going to be one hell of a truck

Last edited by 05_sprcrw; 03-23-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Those tires are huge! That truck will be sweet when it all comes together.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not a gun guy at all, but do you have to worry about ricochets off of the ties?

Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by jump n
I'm not a gun guy at all, but do you have to worry about ricochets off of the ties?
Shouldn't have too - the wood is soft enough that the bullets will actually go into the wood and get lodged inside.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Ya you will have zero issues with the wood ties. Heck we have even shot at metal disk blades and our guns shoot through it just fine. Although we did have it arranged so if it were to ricochet it would be down into the ground.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
You

You'll shoot your eye out!

Last edited by jump n; 03-23-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: oops
Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 PM

That would suck, I love my guns more then my truck!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is my funny for the day...

A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Montana , and talks with an old rancher.
He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown
drugs.'

The old rancher says, 'Okay, but do not go in that field over
there' as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have the
authority of the Federal Government with me.' Reaching into
his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly
displays it to the
farmer. 'See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go
wherever I wish...on any land. No questions asked or answers
given.Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'

The old rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his
chores. A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams
and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased close
behind by the rancher's prize bull. With every step the bull
is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that
he'll get "horned" before he reaches safety. The officer is
clearly terrified. The old rancher throws
down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his
lungs.....

'Your badge! Show him your badge!'

Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
05_sprcrw...come change my plugs now I need to be pulling mine out before they get stuck in there forever...truck has right over 40k on it. Im really curious to see what the plugs look like too, since I have the intake with a tune but never had the truck datalogged. Not to mention I have a HORRIBLE miss when its really really cold out.

JD, I sent you a PM regarding the gears.

Just got a new Springfield XDm 9mm today. Only put about 20 rounds through it so far, had some other business to take care of so I couldnt spend all day shooting it.

Just saw an ad yesterday for a Model 70 .30-06 that I wouldnt mind checking out either. Would really like one in a .270, but a 30-06 is a nice all around gun. Cant beat a Winchester Model 70 IMO either.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 AM

Ha ha I think after one of these spark plug changes I am still merely a spectator.

That is a nice gun, fun to shoot and pretty darn accurate. Ya I like model 70's, but I am also very fond of rem 700's as well. But IMO I prefer the AR platform chambered in whatever it is I want to shoot. (Still working on this one)

Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 AM

Krohbar I laughed pretty damn hard on that one, almost had to clean some water off of the screen.

Joke of the day:

A blonde wanted to go ice fishing.
She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally, after getting all the necessary "tools" together, she made for the nearest frozen lake.
After positioning her comfy stool, she started to make a circular cut in the ice.
Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE." Startled the blonde moved further down the ice, poured a Thermos of cappuccino and began to cut another.

Again from the heavens, the voice bellowed, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE." The blonde, now quite worried, moved down to the opposite end of the ice, set up her stool, and tried again to cut her hole. The voice came once more, "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."

She stopped, looked skyward and said, "Is that you Lord?"

The voice replied, "No ... this is the Ice-Rink Manager...."

Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 AM

Look at the size of this ford:

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?