Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Maryland anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'l be up there wednesday thru sunday. I know you guys are probably tired of it this year but I'm praying for more snow. Can't wait to break out the snowboard, and do a little snow wheelin with my fx4!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm going skiing at Deep Creek in 2 weeks. I'm hoping for some good snow myself. But I'm ready for Spring after that. That one day of 70* was nice last week.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Yea, I'm ready to break out the boat and jet ski. Looks like the weather next week for me will be 40's and rain....that sucks!

Old 02-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got back from New Hampshire, and that one day of 70* made me forget what 15* is like

I drove a little POS corolla up there, it was hands down one of the worst cars I've ever driven. Imagine taking a go-cart on the NJ turn pike The wind was blowing that thing all over the place

Old 02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
I'l be up there wednesday thru sunday. I know you guys are probably tired of it this year but I'm praying for more snow. Can't wait to break out the snowboard, and do a little snow wheelin with my fx4!
Nice lil storm coming thru Deep Creek, MD tonight, sounds like you'll get your wish. Edit: Now we're supposed to get 4"-8" where I live too. And to think I almost put away my snow shovel this past weekend.

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... GENERALLY 4 TO 8 INCHES... WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE IN HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

* TIMING... THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. SNOW COVERED ROADS.

* VISIBILITIES... LESS THAN ONE MILE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Last edited by ChrisT; 02-21-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Bring on the mayhem

Let's see how bad MD DOT drops the ball this time. It was basically down pouring ice when i drove to work in Silverspring from Annapolis. Didn't see a salt truck the entire time. We're off to a great start!

Looks like it's stopped for now over in Gorgeous Prince Georges county (as of 0400) but we will see what the morning drive brings. Supposedly it's supposed to pick up again soon.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 AM

Yea, tell the dot to leave the snow there til I get there tomorrow night, lol.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
Yea, tell the dot to leave the snow there til I get there tomorrow night, lol.
Then went ahead and packed the snow into giant ice sheets just in time for the morning commute

Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM

We got up here late last night. Ive already done some snowboarding. This rain needs to go away. Hopefully tomorrow they will get the 6in of snow vs the freezing rain, that stuff sucks. These roads further up the mountain here are still a little slick. I've already had to pull the other vehicle in our convoy (camry) out of a ditch trying to get to this house. I got a video of that but would have to load it to youtube or something to post it.

Here's a few pics of my rig up in the mountains of Deep Creek.

P.S. Verizon Wireless sucks up here, no 3G!

Last edited by ruffn-it; 02-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice man, welcome back to Maryland. The weather has been crazy the past few weeks. Really warm, then really cold and snow, then warm and rain. I'm heading up there next weekend. I'm hoping I won't be skiing in mud. How are the conditions on the slopes?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Today they wernt too bad, but that was before the little bit of rain that just came down. There's a few spots getting a little bare but for the most part the normal runs are fine. Hopefully I'l be able to go back up there one more time this weekend...at least to tube. This is by far the highest house we've had up this mountain, and im sure glad i decided to take my truck and not the wife's 2wd escape.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 02-24-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I have lived in MD for 2 years now and have yet to go up there...I need to next winter.

I need to get the wheels on my Lightning powdercoated. Anyone know a shop that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get them coated at? I would really much rather coat them then paint but if it's a good deal I can settle for paint.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM
alot of people that i know of use the dupla color black spray paint and it works really good and lasts longer than you would think...you have to prep the wheels like sanding them and doing a couple coats of black and clear and wet sand them and buff to a shinny finish...its the cheaper way for like 5 bucks a can cant really go wrong...and i dont know of any power coating shops around here and im in Pasadena

Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Finally uploaded some pics of my photo op with the truck up in the mountains, changed my sig too.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice pics man. My trip up there last weekend was a good time. Lotta melting snow now, even on the slopes. I can actually say I water and snow skied all in the same weekend Lot's of puddles in some areas on the turns.

Quick Reply: Maryland anyone?