Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

2007 Lincoln Mark LT Window Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Lincoln Mark LT Window Question

Hello,
Hoping someone can assist me with this one. Right rear window quit a couple of weeks ago. Got the old volt meter out and had power all the way to the motor. With a reading of 12, depending on which way I was pressing the button. So, I thought it was the window motor. Replaced that. Didn't help. Should have just gotten the whole regulator assembly with the new motor, which I ended up doing, didn't help. Now, I've replaced the driver's switch and both right passenger switches with nothing. I've looked at the wiring through the door and and into the cab and floor and nothing seems to be broken anywhere.

The good news, I've got a new regulator and motor and three new switches, just a window that just doesn't want to work.
I should note that when I press the button one direction I hear what seems to be a tiny click like it wants to work but nothing in the other direction.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by utahgrad
Hello,
Hoping someone can assist me with this one. Right rear window quit a couple of weeks ago. Got the old volt meter out and had power all the way to the motor. With a reading of 12, depending on which way I was pressing the button. So, I thought it was the window motor. Replaced that. Didn't help. Should have just gotten the whole regulator assembly with the new motor, which I ended up doing, didn't help. Now, I've replaced the driver's switch and both right passenger switches with nothing. I've looked at the wiring through the door and and into the cab and floor and nothing seems to be broken anywhere.

The good news, I've got a new regulator and motor and three new switches, just a window that just doesn't want to work.
I should note that when I press the button one direction I hear what seems to be a tiny click like it wants to work but nothing in the other direction.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks.

I have the same problem with the same window. Did you find a solution for yours?

Old 10-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Window Regulator Fix

Originally Posted by Amen
I have the same problem with the same window. Did you find a solution for yours?
My fix ended up being one of the wires in the boot in the driver's door. You couldn't quite see it when you moved the boot and so every once in a while the window would seem like it would work because when the door would shut, the wire may or may not touch. Took me quite some time to figure that one out. I was about ready to light that sumbi$#h on fire. Spliced the wires and was good to go. Be careful when removing the boot as it can be a knuckle buster. I live in Florida and it was about 100 degrees out everyday as well. Hope this helps you.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lincoln Mark LT Window Question