Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

06 mark lt problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 mark lt problems?

I have a 06 mark lt, it seems to make a ticking or longing when it idles, when its cold out and the engine is warmed up, I can't hear it from the cab, it has no check engine lights or anything like that, can hear it only at idle once I step on the gas it goes away, it has high oil pressure and the truck gets up and goes when u step on the gas, should I be worried? It make the noise when the outside temp is around zero and the motor has been running for a while, its pretty noticable when its running in the garage but Idk maybe I'm just paranoid? Let me know what you think

Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, it could be an exhaust manifold leak or a lifter or the oil filter might have a stuck anti-drainback valve inside.....

Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tobyjss
I have a 06 mark lt, it seems to make a ticking or longing when it idles, when its cold out and the engine is warmed up, I can't hear it from the cab, it has no check engine lights or anything like that, can hear it only at idle once I step on the gas it goes away, it has high oil pressure and the truck gets up and goes when u step on the gas, should I be worried? It make the noise when the outside temp is around zero and the motor has been running for a while, its pretty noticable when its running in the garage but Idk maybe I'm just paranoid? Let me know what you think
are you using motorcraft oil filters??

Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both my exhaust manifolds rusted out, sounds similar to your issue.

Although could be a slew of different oiling issues as well

Quick Reply: 06 mark lt problems?