Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Idle surge

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now see, that's just terzakaly what I was talking about. All this nonsense about some totally different truck that just doesn't even come close to helping and does nothing but confuse the issue, and the only thing even coming close is a limp wristed attempt to ride the coat-tails of RDY2RAC, who made the only really usable suggestion I've seen in months. Clean the MAF??? C'mon now, who do you think you're talking to here? That was, like last year yo. We're way beyond that. Is that the best you can do? Yeah, I'm REALLY impressed. You really hit it out of the park with that one.

I'll try the IAC in a few days and get back. Still smack in the middle of re-engineering the end loader and that is a priority.

Jim

Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks like the troll went away finally, and good riddance.

I changed out the IAC, and I think that has gotten the idle surge under control. I still have the slight misfire at idle and my in town mileage is still just a little over 11 where it used to be 14, but my highway mileage is now up to around 18 which is better than it's been for quite some time. I give credit to the new O2 sensors for that (all 4 of them). I'm beginning to wonder if I might have a very small vacuum leak somewhere.

Jim

Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry Jim if i let that jackhole get the better of me in your post. but glad to hear the truck is coming around. the coil packs may be suspect for the slight misfire. you can check the ohm's at the 2 pins in the connector area of the coil pack. should be between .5 and .8 ohms any higher than that its time to replace a coil pack.

rob

Last edited by RDY2RAC; 05-28-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks Rob, and thanks for the tip on the coils. I'll check them as soon as I get a chance. Highway mileage is back down to 16.

Jim

Quick Reply: Idle surge