Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

New Wood in the hood.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Wood in the hood.

Hi everyone, i just wanted to stop in and hopefully find a chatty information filled board. I am a blackwood owner as of 10/31/03 and so far i am loving this thing. It seriously has people almost getting out of their cars at stoplights just to ask "what is that!" I also had one "enthusiastic" GM owner tell me "you wasted all that money putting a lincoln front end on a ford". I had to politely inform him, this is no ford sir. Anywho, onto information requests, how exactly do i know what number my blackwood is in the production, and also, have any of you had any odd service issues. I am a BMW technician myself, so i tend to know a little bit about warranty on high end vehicles and was curious as to whether or not the lincoln warranty has ever turned any of you down for something that another high line company would have gone ahead and taken care of? Mine currently has a loud squeak under the driver side of the dash, condensation in my right rear tail lamp, the driver door panel rattles very slightly when i dont put my arm on it and my pass. side speaker has mild distortion, but other than those minor issues, i am really into this truck, it is just amazing to drive. I hope to become more of a member of this board and get to know my fellow Blackwood owners.

Last edited by Sportin' Wood; 11-04-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:13 AM
welcome, my wife has a blackwood and we love it feel free to read all the other posts in this section and you may get an idea of how enthusiastic we all are about our trucks. unfortunatly i have 2 trucks to keep me busy so the wood doesn't get to be spoiled like it should. i'm sure my wife can and probably will elaborate on this as she was really wanting to get rims for her truck next spring but i wanna do some more mods on our race truck next year.

Old 11-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Welcome to our little clan. I haven't had any problems getting work done on my Wood & I haven't paid a dime for it. I actually just got mine back last night. I had my hubby take it in for its 15000 mile oil change & maint. During the check up they notice a leak in the rear differential (is that right honey?). They kept it to look at that & while they were at it I had them replace my keyless entry pad because the 9/0 button didn't work (kinda sucks when my code has 2 9s in it). I've also had the navigational unit replaced because the screen went out on me. Other than that I haven't had any other issues with my Wood. it's not as quick as our Lightning (& no I won't be trying to get it that quick, I just want to do 15s) but it sure is nicer than our new Excursion (to drive at least).

If you have any questions check out our posts (there's not alot of them so it shouldn't take long). If you can't find what you need ask away.

Old 11-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Well i guess so far my only question would be, how hard is it, and has anyone done it and have pics of adding navigation to one. Mine doesnt have the one option of the nav, i honestly would never use it, but in the rare occurance, it would be nice. Also, has anyone had problems with condensation in their taillights, i took mine back in today for that problem, and a few squeaks and rattles. Those drive me batty.

I also found out what number i am, my truck is production number 3461.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Thumbs up

Sportin'Wood,

I have had my Wood 15 months and have 12000 miles.
Have had no problems at all.

Below is the address to my Gallery.
http://198.65.157.241/galleries/myga...TOKEN=72095325

Below is the address to my web page .

http://www.jimewalker.com/blackwood.html

Old 11-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Build 3462? WOW - That's a LATE model 'Wood! ;-)

What was the born-on date?

We love our Blackwoods here. Welcome!

Keep your eye on eBay for a NAV system. That seems to be what most people gawk at on mine. I bought it for the AC seats, however!

Mine is 100% original equipment and in mint condition. I pull it out on the weekends, if it's not raining. I'm a little over 9k miles, so it's time for the 10k (free Lincoln) maintenance.

You are correct - it's no Ford! haha OK - so it was built at the SCREW factory and shares a few parts, but this is a unique vehicle.

Did you get the cargo holder? I noticed that they are being sold on eBay now...

Build 512 Original Owner

Last edited by 777; 11-05-2003 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Well I dont really know the born on date of the truck, is it written on one of the pillar or door stickers somewhere? The more I drive this truck the better it is. The squeaks and rattles are all gone now, and it is even better now! Had to order the taillight though, I imagine that is going to happen a lot with this truck. I dont have the cargo holder, and I did see the one on Ebay a few days ago, but missed it. I didnt find any nav. systems though. I wonder if I do install one, I would probably want to install a DVD based system instead of the CD based that came as optional equipment from the factory. Well I guess I can ask the stereotypical question of a message forum to get to know people, what are the ages and hobbies of the owners here? I myself am 23 and and very much into automobiles as a hobby. I also see there are quite a couple people in Texas, I live right outside of the DFW metroplex, are there ever any meets where people get together and well show off basically? I think that would interesting, and a convoy of Blackwoods would just look sinister!

#3461 and Proud of it!

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm 28 & my wife (rdy2rac with) is 27 (it's ok to call us the rdy's, we'll answer). We're both into drag racing. I race a 2000 Lightning in the NMRA & my wife has been known to race her Wood. She has a 68 Torino that she plans to restore (I plan to upgrade the engine).

Old 11-09-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm 41.

Hobbies:

- Amateur radio
- Nerd stuff
- Gambling

Old 11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Being a Lincoln Mercury service advisor, I see condensation problems all the time in ALL Ford products! Take it to your dealer and get a new taillamp! The rattles shouldn't be a problem unless you have a dealer with lazy technicians who try to "no problem found" things that they have to spend some time on!

Quick Reply: New Wood in the hood.