Lightning

RPMOutlet.com? Anyone have any experience with them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPMOutlet.com? Anyone have any experience with them?

Sorry if this is kinda off topic...

I called rpmoutlet.com and placed an order for an autometer a pillar guage pod about a week and a half ago, the 19th to be exact. Anyway, I was told the order would be shipped the next day. Well, its been 11 full days(its only 1:30am so im not counting today) since the order should have been shipped and no guage pod. So thats been 7 week days, plus 2 saturdays(i think UPS delivers on sat???) and no pod. I sent an email 4 days ago and didnt recieve a response. I sent one again just now. If the pod doesnt show up tomorrow(technically today), then im goin to give them a call and see whats up. So basically the whole point of this post is to find out if anyone has dealt with www.rpmoutlet.com and if so, what was the customer service and shipping time like?

thanks

Old 07-01-2002, 06:16 AM
I haven't dealt with RPMoutlet, but I know many vendors, including summit, are having trouble getting the autometer pod right now. I have been waiting a while myself:o

Old 07-01-2002, 06:57 AM
I have had very good service from George on the 2 orders I have placed. Call him he should be straight with you.

Old 07-01-2002, 11:09 AM
I had this problem when I ordered mine, it took 9 weeks to get it. Last I heard, when I called Autometer direct, is the company that was making the pillars for them stopped production, and they had a hard time finding another source. Now they have a huge backlog of orders they are trying to fill.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Got a response from George, he said it was backordered and it will be shipped this week. Lets see...

Old 07-01-2002, 01:25 PM
well...i got a Mac cat back from him...won it on ebay...took a week to get ahold of him via email through ebay...said his server was down...understandable....then it took another almost two weeks after i paid to get it....he put it on auction...but he didn't have the tips for it....they were on order..and he said he was supposed to get them in on a fri....but they weren't scheduled through UPS to be deliv till the followin Thurs

Dunno...maybe just a one time fluke prob....only time i've dealt with him....just my .02

Old 07-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Well it took me two emails to get a response from him. I was also given wrong info. I have a feeling its goin to take a while for the pod to get here and that it wolnt be shipped this week as I was just told. But we will see, hopefully he will prove me wrong!

Old 07-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Why not buy a Lotek pod?

Old 07-01-2002, 04:18 PM
I was going to get one over the autometer because it was cheaper and it came pre-painted. But then I did a search on it and many people said the fit was not good. That is the only reason I didnt get one.

Quick Reply: RPMOutlet.com? Anyone have any experience with them?