hood question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hood question

I'm looking for a hood to buy but have some questions
the cervini hood looks good.

but do they have holes in the hood for your windshield
washers. At top speeds to the hoods flex or lift up.

My friend has one on his car and it lifts up at 100 mph
and do they crack easy and what about installation.

Old 06-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Cervinis is one of the best if not THE best fiberglass hood you can buy.The cowl hood has consealed windsheild squirters below the rear riser(don't know about the ram-air hoods). The quality is first rate provided you follow the painting instructions.Give them a call.There in almost every Ford magazine out there.I never heard of one lifting off when properly installed because they utilise the factory hood hardware.

Old 06-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Mondo is right on all counts. The very best quality I've ever seen. I don't know how anybody could make one any better. I have a ram air.

Tim

Last edited by Chikenears; 06-24-2002 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
gp
i agree also,the fit is perfect and fiberglass is as good as it gets.but,it weighs more than the stock hood but looks a lot better.

Old 06-23-2002, 11:59 PM
I have the Cervini Ram air hood.It uses the stock squirters,No flexing at 149mph.Works for me Cervini is supposed to make a functional ram air kit for this hood one year But a nice product just the same.It is heavier than the stock hood.

Old 06-24-2002, 12:10 AM
I'm also gonna be getting a cervini's soon. I have a few questions though. In a few magazines where they did the install, they said cervini's recommends putting it on the truck for about 5 days before you get it painted. Has anybody done this? Truck would look kinda funky with a white hood, but its only for 5 days so it would be no big deal though. And also, is it simple enough so that i could install it myself? Thanks

Old 06-24-2002, 12:18 AM
What is the reasoning behind putting it on for 5 days?And yes if you have a little bit of shill you and a friend can put it on.Chances are the shop that paints it for you would probably do it..Hope this helps..By the way get the hood you wont be dissapointed..

Old 06-24-2002, 12:20 AM
By the way Harley,I think Cervini is near you isnt it?Same state anyway...

Old 06-24-2002, 01:49 AM
My buddy the body man has done a few Cervini's hoods including mine; instead of letting them sit outdoors in the sun on the truck for a few days, he bakes 'em instead indoors in a few hours for the same effect. It minimizes settling and flex so when the hood gets painted there isn't stretching and cracking later.

Mmmm... fresh baked hoods!

Old 06-24-2002, 09:03 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Good body shops refer to this as "curing".

For the best fit:
Install it, align it and drive a around for a week or so. You'll be glad you did.

If you order one from Cervinis, make sure they include the vents screens for the ram air holes.

BTW, that's the best quality hood made, IMHO.

Old 06-24-2002, 09:26 AM
don't know how anybody could make one any better.
Tim,

Than I guess you haven't seen a Pro-Glass hood ???
Actually, the Cervini's is top notch but it does require more work to get it to fit properly. And as TampaSVT noted it is absolutely imperative that you let the hoods cure for at least a week. You'll be glad you did. If you don't, the 'glass will soak up the paint like a sponge and you'll have a hood with a bunch of pot marks.

Old 06-24-2002, 10:25 AM
Rest In Peace
Question

Rob
Does Pro Glass only makes the shaker hood for our trucks? Or do they make a shaker, ram air like Cervinis?

Old 06-24-2002, 10:29 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Rob:

Think you can make a ProGlass Lightning ram-air solution? C'mon....

Rich

Old 06-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Aight, thanks guys. So i guess i will put it on for about a week unpainted.

Anyway, yeah, cervini's is in Vineland, about 1/2 hour away from me, so i'm gonna drive out there to pick it up, and i'll save on shipping. I'm also gonna drive out there to order it, cuz if i do it online, they'll charge for shipping, and when i called to do it over the phone, some new guy picked up, and tried to tell me i couldn't order a hood, because they had alot of other people ordering, and i would have to wait for them to fill all orders and get a few extras, and it could take a long time. Gee, how come everybody else can order a hood, but i can't. Idiot. So i'm gonna have to drive out there and order one, cuz that new guy was an idiot, but its close so i don't mind.

Also gotta find someone to paint it. Anybody in south jersey know of a good place???

Thanks

Old 06-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SVTRobG

Tim,

Than I guess you haven't seen a Pro-Glass hood ???
Actually, the Cervini's is top notch but it does require more work to get it to fit properly. And as TampaSVT noted it is absolutely imperative that you let the hoods cure for at least a week. You'll be glad you did. If you don't, the 'glass will soak up the paint like a sponge and you'll have a hood with a bunch of pot marks.
Rob,

You're right, I haven't seen a Pro Glass hood but If it's better than a Cervini, my hat's off to the manufacturer.

I bought my hood used and it had already been cured and painted. All I had to do was repaint it to match my truck.

Tim

Quick Reply: hood question