Lightning

Pissed Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Pissed Off

ANYONE HAVE THIS ONE HAPPEN TO YOU YET?....I JUST GOT DONE INSTALLING A JDM/SUPERCHIP INTO MY LIGHTNING--LET THE TRUCK RUN WHILE I WAS DONE--NO PROBLEMS. THEN ALL THE SUDDEN- THE TRUCK DIED AT IDLE. RESTARTED IT AND IT WOULD RUN FINE...THEN RUN ROUGH..THEN THE GUAGES WOULD START BOUNCING AROUND--AND IT WOULD QUIT AGAIN. (YES IT WAS INSTALLED CORRECTLY--THE MYSTERY GOO WAS ALL REMOVED).

ANYWAY--TO TOP THINGS OFF, I DECIDED TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN AND MAKE SURE THAT ALL THE CONTACTS WERE CLEANED. WELL BEING PISSED OFF AS I WAS, I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE KEY FROM THE IGNITION WHILE DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY AND REMOVING THE COMPUTER. CHIP LOOKED GOOD, BUT I REMOVED IT ANYWAY TO MAKE SURE THE TRUCK WOULD RUN NORMALLY WITHOUT IT.

NOW THE DAMN THING WONT START BECAUSE OF THE F*CKING ANTI-THEFT B.S.---AND MY POOR TRUCK IS NOW STUCK HERE AT WORK (IN THE FIREHOUSE)--AND I HAVE TO HUNT DOWN ANOTHER KEY AFTER GETTING A RIDE HOME--

IT BETTER START WITH THE OLD KEY OR IM GOING BACK TO CHEVY--THIS IS A LITTLE TOO "ANTI-THEFT"---NEXT THING YOU KNOW, FORD IS GOING TO EQUIP EVERY ONE OF THEIR VEHICLES WITH LITTLE MIDGETS WITH KNIVES--IT WOULD PROBABLY BE LESS OF A HASSLE--ANYWAY WISH ME LUCK

ANYONE WHO CARES--ILL KEEP YOU UPDATE--ANYONE WITH INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW--THANKS AGAIN

BLACK 01 L
JOLIET IL
HOME OF RT 66

Old 05-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you need to clean those contacts a little bit more

I had that happen when I installed my old JDM chip, but that was due to the contacts not being cleaned...I cleaned them and reinstalled the chip, hooked up the batt and it worked like a charm

Last edited by qball2439; 05-18-2002 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Oh goodness. That sucks. I'll send over a midget with a knife to help you get it started.
CA

Old 05-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you either have dirty connections or you burned your processor out.

Old 05-18-2002, 11:41 PM
You need to clean the PCM contacts better / more. Also did you use duck tape (AKA 200 mile an hour tape) to hold the chip in?

And...... never, never leave the key in the ignition when you are plugging the chip in or removing the chip, guess you figured that out .

One other thought..... if you have / had a problem call JDM. It can get resolved much faster.

Old 05-19-2002, 02:49 AM
If the truck does not start with the chip out then I would guess fried pcm It happens when the key is in the ignition and you remove the chip. Hope thats not the case.

Old 05-19-2002, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey CA

Could you send a midget over here to help me out also?

Old 05-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Wink

give Sal a call. he has some experience disarming the MWK (midgets with knives) system.

Last edited by MRBBQMAN; 05-19-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:33 AM
There is a guy up my way that did the same thing, he just had to get the PAT'S system reset. So maybee it is not the Proccesor, and just the PAT's system.

Old 05-19-2002, 01:34 PM
So you screwd up and are pissed off @ ford? Give me a break. If you had followed directions and done it right, the Anti-theft wouldn't have engaged. Guess you'd bitch if you shot you're big toe while improperly handling a weapon too.

Need to Find The Caps lock key also.

Old 05-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Gator,
Your Midget privs have been revoked. The last time I let you borrow mine he came back and couldn't speak in full sentences and would go into a screaming fit if someone mentioned the word "jello".

CA

Last edited by WhiteLightninSVTGirl; 05-19-2002 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Same thing happend to me, but I just cleaned the comp better, and WALLA! it worked!

Nothing to get pissed off at, being it was YOUR own fault for not taking your time.

Old 05-19-2002, 05:32 PM
why?

you fidgeted around with your truck and ford sucks.....hehe. Try leaving your battery disconnected for 1/2 hour. Then I think you have to reconnect it, put in 1 key and hold it to the run position for 10 seconds, remove it and do the same with the other and see what happens. Also......it is possible to have bent some of the pins on the computer connection.....then your in trouble. Also...make sure you cleaned all the goop of the contacts.....and directily around the edges....sometimes the contacts on the chips are wider than the computer board...and if there is build up around the terminals....it'll hold it from contacting. Good luck???

Old 05-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Easy guys, let's not bash this guy for getting a little wound up...We all make mistakes and sometimes say **** we don't really mean. Lord knows I wouldn't give up my L because the chip install didn't go right the first time!!

Good Luck man hope you get your truck running it's a whole new animal with a chip in it!

Q

Old 05-19-2002, 07:38 PM
Question QUESTION HERE

Please tell my why taking the key out of the ignition will make it not start. I am all stock right now and am thinking of getting a chip and would like to know if this is common occurance and if it happens with all chips or just on the JDM superchip I see people at the track that don't remove there key or battery to remove the chip.. Just curious on how this whole chip thing works and why I hear all of these problems they keep having.\

Thanks in advance,
RYAN

Quick Reply: Pissed Off