Lightning

Need you Lightning guy's advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need you Lightning guy's advice...

My '02 HD SC Screw will be here in the next few days. I will mod it over the next few months. I know it will never be as quick as a equally modded L. I have already ordered Bell Tech rear shackles to level the truck and a Lotek full A-pillar with Autometer Ultralite boost/full-sweep electric fuel pressure/EGT 2" gauges. What I need to know is who is the best source for engine mods. JDM? JL? I am a newbie here... I'm thinking open-element filter, chip (which one? I run an Autologic on the Cobra), and blower pulley. Would like to boost the engine up to about what an L engine is with a 3-4 lb pulley setup. Exhaust will be changed out... Magnaflow? I love the one on the Snake. Transmission mods? What do I need to do. Thanks for your advice guys.

Last edited by slingshot; 03-07-2002 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Go with the Lightning Tuner of your choice. Talk to each one and see if they will work with you on the HD, and what all they recomind if they will. Then pick one of the three you feel more comfortable spending your money with.

A filter kit should bolt right up. It will be a short period of time untill chips will be available. Talk to the tunner you choose about blower pullies.

Old 03-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Be Careful

Your weak link if I am not mistaken is a 2 piece drive shaft. That gets scary with a lot of mods.Might want to talk to a couple tuners first about it. Maybe 2 driveshaft loops.(J/K)

Old 03-07-2002, 11:58 PM
go with whoever you like and feel comfortable with. My opinion is kinda biased, but it's your choice. I do know that JDM works on all Fords, not just lightnings, PSP and JLP I really have no clue if they are lightnings only (if you guys are reading this are you????)

Old 03-08-2002, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any tranny mod for a Lightning is a direct swap for the H/D, they use the same transmission.

G

Old 03-08-2002, 02:35 AM
Old 03-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. Factory_Tech--What tranny mods will I need with the proposed bolt-ons I am looking at?

Old 03-08-2002, 02:52 PM
I would go with a chip, nice air filter kit, 6 pound lower pulley, and maybe the long tube headers too! I'm sure they'll work with the HD's and you would just have to get a custom exhaust done up from them back, that would give you some nice power though.

I would imagine all these mods would fit on your new HD with no problems.

The tuner you go wit is completely up to you, they all offer the products above.

Quick Reply: Need you Lightning guy's advice...