Lightning

R.i.p

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy R.i.p

around 2 o'clock last night there was and accident with 2 kids from the rival school. they were street racing lost control swirved across the street and through oncoming traffic, running into a brickwall at ecessive speeds. both were killed instantly as the mustang caught fire and took there lives. so now all the people in this forum who get caught up in street racing i urge u to be careful. because u never no whats going to happen. life is precious dont make a mistake that will lose it.

Old 01-14-2002, 02:44 AM
All is fun, I mean we all have done it at one time or another, and we are smiling the whole time when we run the snot out of the other car. Truth be told it is dangerous, and to all who do it (to each his/her own) be careful and know when to shut it down.

Old 01-14-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Boone52
know when to shut it down.
No. Know when not to start it.

Jeff

Old 01-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
It's people like that who make people in my age groups insurance go wayyyyyyyyyyyy up.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:55 AM
I have run fast on the Highway with 3 other L's behind me

Stories like this are why I don't street race.

If I want to prove anything I go to the track

Old 01-14-2002, 01:35 PM
I agree with Don. Theres a reason that a Drag Race is only a quarter of a mile long. I'm not saying that nothing can't happen in that distance, but the odds are better.
Just today I ran the s**t out of a newer GT from a stop light, well he got upset and continued to race in and out of traffic. I just sat back shaking my head, hoping that everyone else around him was paying attention and didn't change lanes on him.
"Stupid is as stupid does" and we are all probally guilty of it at least a couple of times.
Later...

Old 01-14-2002, 01:46 PM
DB
Saw that on the news last night, sorry to hear but poor judgement and young drivers are a lethal, albeit a common, combination - at least they didn't kill any innocent bystanders...

Old 01-14-2002, 03:35 PM
PLEASE don't get caugth up in the street racing thing. Black 2000 I'm going to use your post to explain something. I'm NOT PICKING ON YOU . ;-) Lets said that the guy in the Mustang did loose control and killed someone. Guess who's name would be on the law suit ref a wrongful death suit? Yours after the independent witnesses come forward with thier statements stating that both of you were racing. I don't know how the courts would look at it where you live. If you made it by them the civil part would try to get you. Your right we have all done it one time or another but I think the time has come where we all have to do it at the track. I love just about all of you guy/gals on this site. I don't want to hear of anyone caught up in some kind of fatal crash!! Lets keep are EGO'S (the part of the psyche that is conscious, controls thought and behavior and is most in touch with external reality. Or an exaggerated sense of self-importance) out of are right foot.

love you guys.

Herb

Old 01-14-2002, 04:23 PM
911, your misreading me or I'm not making my self clear.
I'm saying lets keep most of the racing to the track. Not in the middle of traffic.
Now it's one thing to race from a stop light if your not racing into traffic ahead of you. At least that's my way.
Later...

Old 01-14-2002, 08:10 PM
Black 2000,

Most of the racing at the track? How about all of it. Sometimes what you can't see will get you. Just because its from stop light to stop light dosen't make it safe as the track. Just becaue you can see in front of you and there appears to be no one there. I'm not trying to put the heat to you but I don't see your point. Will maybe I do. Its a loaded gun thats going to go off. Just a matter of time. Becareful.

Just my 2 cents

Herb

Old 01-14-2002, 09:58 PM
NOSTROMO
Hey some of you haven't driven in NYC yet! It is a constant street/race war with the cabbies.....they get pretty annoyed when blocked from picking up a fare

Well on the subject of street racing......it looks as if one of the last dragways on Long Island is going to be sold to a housing developer.......Here is the catch......current zoning doesn't allow residential housing to be erected there.....guess how fast the zoning laws will be changed when the developer gets his hands on the land? BS?- Sure looks that way.

Alot of tracks on Long Island have closed or forced to close in the past 40 or so years. Currently it looks as if Riverhead Raceway will be sole venue left

Old 01-14-2002, 10:25 PM
It is sad they died. Death is a part of life. Youthful exuberance and performance vehicles can be a bad mix. For some of us, their will be a time where we can't control what another person does and it will change our lives or end it forever. We are all susceptible to the same dangers in life.

I would hate to hear of anyone here or their family getting hurt, do to racing. But, it is not my place to tell grown, well almost grown people how they should live. I'm still a kid at hart like many here! I'm not pointing fingers and I hear those that ask us to do our racing at the track!

I also know their are people here who genuinely do care about others on this board. Even some they have not met yet. I'm one that is going to cool my jet's a little this year on street racing!

However, when that dodge truck pulls up next to me. All bets are off!! Or should I say, ON. There is no way im holding back!!. I won't be doing it in-front of an Elementary school cross-walk. I pick my time and place! I don't think many here could hold off that urge!

Be safe and use good judgment at all times when racing. Street or track!

Quick Reply: R.i.p