Lightning

First Oil Change Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Oil Change Today

Well, the baby had its first Oil change today. Stuck with the Motorcraft 5W20 Oil in the red bottle at WalMart for $!.70 a Quart. Also use the FL-820S filter. The good news is that my L didnt have the start up knock that many of you were having after initial oil change......but the bad news was that it had burnt over 1 1-2 to 2 quarts on the first 2800 miles!!!!! I was like Jeez...never had an oil guzzler like this ...especially a brand new vehicle!! All that smoke on start up like Kerrdog's must be oil burning on mine also. I know that most engine wear and break in occurs during this first oil change but come on....did they forget the rings in my motor? LOL .

Old 01-13-2002, 07:39 PM
You might want to pull the intake boot and look for oil running down the throttle body. Many have this 'common'(not 'normal') problem. The question is 'why'?

Btw, mine has never 'rattled' either.

Dan

Old 01-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Theres no way you should be using that much oil in the first 2800 miles. Take your truck to the dealer and have it checked out!

Old 01-14-2002, 07:53 AM
How do you know how much oil you used? Did you measure the amount of oil that was drained from your truck? Just wondering...

6 qts. of oil will only bring the dipstick halfway between the ADD and FULL marks, but that is fine. Do not fill all the way to FULL.

Quick Reply: First Oil Change Today