Lightning

mirror emergency

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mirror emergency

ok ok,,,, looks like while i was at the bar last night someone smashed in my freakin mickey mouse side mirror with a baseball bat,,, here's the cituation,,,,,,,, broken glass and a small crack and scratches on the other side where the bat hit.

After the killing is done,,,,, what would you guys recommend i do,, i do not want to spend a ton of money on a freakin mirror, just wondering,,, how much do those streat style signal mirros cost,,, are these the same mirros as a regular f150 that i could find at a yard,,,, ?? how much would it cost to fix just the crack and get the glass replaced,,,, i live in detroit area,,, i guess it really sucks to liv

Old 01-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Cool Here ya go

Hey whitetoast check this link out they are only $150 for power mirrors. Rob G told me this is a great deal for the mirrors.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ne_Mirrors.asp

BTW sorry to hear about your L. Where exactly do you live at in D-town.

--Joe

Old 01-12-2002, 05:54 PM
TTT

hmmm,, it really does look fixable from the outside, would you guys just reccomend i take it to the dealer and see what they think, i'll post some pics here of the damage soon,

Does anyone maybe have mirros lying around they would like to sell, this happened to the passenger side mirror, on a silver L, It looks similar to the regular f150 mirros, except for the turn signal portion. Really could use some advice guys, i hate driving around with a cracked mirror,, it just destroys the look of a beutiful truck.

Old 01-12-2002, 07:41 PM
I am not sure what year your truck is but the breakdown on the mirrors is this.

You can buy a new mirror assembly complete minus cover (the painted part on the back of mirror.

or you can buy just the glass and glass backing.

The problem is the glass and backing are held into the mirror assembly by special plastic clips that are not serviced seperately for some reason. So if one of the clips is missing or breaks while you are working on it you are toast (literaly ).

Here are the base numbers for the parts at the dealership.

Mirror assy- 17682
Mirror glass and backing only- 17k707
Painted cover- 17d742

Hope that helps,

John
01 L

Old 01-12-2002, 08:49 PM
That does help a lot Kerrdog, is there anywhere i can go for a price on these parts besides driving all out to my dealer. Looks like i would only need the plastic painted outside, and just the glass on the inside, wouldn't even need the backing, that all seems to be in perfect shape,

One more question though,, the turn signal in the mirror seems to have come loose and is floating in the inside of it, looks like it can be fixed too cause it seems to be intact all the way, anyone got any input on that??

Old 01-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
Old 01-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spanky beat me to it or better yet just call Gary Starr (www.fordpartsonline.com) at 800- 549-2005

Old 01-13-2002, 01:02 PM
thanks, i'll check into it here as soon as i get out of work, i've lost soo much horsepower with this mirror being broken, i've got to be getting up to 20 hp less with a non functional signal mirror !!!!!!! hopefully i'll still be able to eat some rice when i need to till i get it fixed

Quick Reply: mirror emergency