Lightning

BRIEF UPDATE: Rough Idle & Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRIEF UPDATE: Rough Idle & Vibrations

Just wanted to post the latest update on my situation. (For those who don't remember what situation I am referring to, see here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=61495)

After consulting this forum and getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion at two other shops, I scheduled an appointment with my regular dealer and dropped her off last night. They plugged in the diagnostic computer and immediately noticed that ALL of the cylinders were having problems! (This is after they determined all the cylinders were firing "normally" when they used the computer just 3 days ago.) They couldn't pinpoint just one misfiring cylinder, but said all of them seemed "weak" and wouldn't maintain RPM. They are going to replace all of the spark plugs today, and continue diagnosing from there. I'll let you all know tonight if that solves the problem (somehow that seems too easy).

Anyone have any ideas as to why all 8 cylinders would be be running poorly? Surely the coil packs couldn't have all failed at the same time. And I don't think I had any bad gasoline (I always use 93 Octane from one of the major brands).

Old 01-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be a PCM problem or "extremely" low compression or they may not have a clue as to what they're doing. Keep us informed.

Old 01-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Naybe it's the coil packs?

Old 01-09-2002, 11:33 AM
I would say PCM if all our running bad.

Old 01-09-2002, 12:58 PM
EGR, fuel pumps, MAF(maybe just a dirty sensor?), or PCM....would be my guess.

Dan

Old 01-09-2002, 03:32 PM
maybe

Any sensors should store codes if there was a problem, unless thier is a problem with PCM. I had a 2000 explorer before my L,and it did all kinds of wierd stuff. No diagnostics could show anything, but ford just wouldn't change the PCM untill a field rep came out. Got tired of the bull frankly. Find it hard to believe that all your plugs are bad unless you have some mods that may have fried them? Keep us posted, i'm very interested..

Old 01-09-2002, 04:53 PM
No mods on my truck to fry anything. Going over to shop tonight and will see if they can check the other items mentioned above...

Quick Reply: BRIEF UPDATE: Rough Idle & Vibrations