Lightning

Paging> lighningJMP

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paging> lighningJMP

How long did it take you to do that drop on your truck?

Old 10-30-2001, 05:14 PM
Talking

The install was pretty easy, I think it took about 3 hours front and back. The longest part was the first coil spring but after that it was just unbolt old parts and bolt in new parts. Also, unless you have tall jackstands just use the hitch and jack up the rear until the tires are almost off the ground and most of the pressure is off the leafs, to install the shackles. I had to lower the truck to get the bolts out then raise it up again. This may sound confusing but once you start it, it will make much more sense. If you have any question please feel free to contact me.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:02 AM
Thanks man.

Not to sure if I want to tackle this or leave it up to a SVT ford dealer. Sounds like its not to terribly difficult, but I think I would probably have a better chance with my warranty if Ford did it and something got jazzed up.
I called Ford for an install price and they havent gotten back to me yet. At least I know when they call and say it will be an 8 hr. job, I can tell them WRONG. There pay rate is $75.00 hr.
The way I see it ,if it took you 3 they should be able to do it in at least 2 right?

Sawzall

Old 10-31-2001, 01:41 AM
Question

Do you have any idea if it will interfere with CalTracs?