Warranty on Engine Denied

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 12:06 AM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Frank S
I sit corrected. You win
No, this is about winning or losing. It's about posting correct information on here. Please don't view my replies as such (winning/losing). That wasn't fair and I do not want others thinking I'm a smartass knowitall, as I am not at all.

I'm not looking to create an enemy out of you either. We're cool in my book.

BfB

Old 09-04-2001, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by noelvm
What it proves is that you should NEVER go into a dealership unliess you know before hand what their approach is to mods. It's too late now to go somewhere else. Your vin is in fords master computer and you are going to be red flagged whereever you go.

Also they complied with the Moss Magnasin (sp?) act by asserting it was your mods that caused the damage. Now you must prove, either to their satisfaction or in court, that your mods did not cause the damage. Hope you have a lot of money to fight ford in Court. Should take about five years if you are lucky. Ford lives in court. Good luck you'll need it.

NEVER GO INTO A DEALERSHIP WITH MODS UNLESS YOU KNOW THE DEALERSHIP IS NOT GOING TO SCREW YOU. ONCE THEY DO AND REPORT YOUR VIN # IT'S TOO LATE!
noelvm
Noel is right! Once they got you.....its all over! I am chipless...as we speak....

Old 09-04-2001, 12:56 AM
Pandoras

Robert....you WIN SIRE!! check this out...go get yourself a good lawyer....

http://www.thefordsource.com/store/m...lectronics.htm

pandoras box....only in America!

Old 09-04-2001, 12:57 AM
Pandoras Box

my apologies for the double post

Last edited by MadMaxSC; 09-04-2001 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:28 PM
Question Lean out one cylinder?

Hey maybe it's just me, but does a chip control each injector individually? I thought it controls the engine in banks(left-right). It seems that some of the guys on here that burn chips out to have the correct answer for the Blue Oval God?!? Or maybe it's just me.........

Old 09-06-2001, 06:45 PM
Speaking of Superchips or other supporting vendors, where are they in this thread? MISSING IN ACTION!

Please take note that many vendors talk the talk but they sure as heck don't walk the walk when it comes down to the customer getting their warranty denied.

How many times does this have to happen before we all realize that Ford has us by the nads, warranties mean nothing in this country. You don't even have to have a mod to get denied, but it sure can make it happen quicker. HELLO, Ford's warranty means absolutely nothing if a bad dealer puts the screws to you. Good luck fightning a multi-billion dollar consumer scam company like an auto maker.

The auto industry is entirely based on putting the crew job to the comsumer. From the purchase, to parts and repairs, to trade in, to purchase again, we all take the shaft HARD. Does anyone here think that Ford, GM, DC, or any of the others actually give a rats behind about the consumer?

Last edited by mracer; 09-06-2001 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:06 PM
heard of this?

i read to do this somewhere else on this site when an i/c needed replacement and they wouldn't warranty it because it was a tsb but ..., and it has been done to me at my own store......have the dealer replace the motor, and pay with a credit card......then dispute the charges....that way your truck is fixed while you fight the battle.....i'm not personally recommending you do this, but.........???? I know it sucks to be on the other side cause there's not much you can do.....i've been there.

Old 09-06-2001, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Y2K 7700 4x4
Stories such as this one continue to baffle me.

The dealer could have made good money repairing your engine, but instead got less than nothing -- the Hines Park New Hudson MI dealership now has public attention that they're not customer-focused.

You'd think the money was coming directly out of the dealer's pocket. If they'd have been smart, they'd have had a bunch of money being added to it's pocket.
That is actually not quite accurate....Dealers tend to get screwed on warrenty work nowadays...which is why they don't want to do it. They make a lot more money on non-warrenty work. When doing warrenty, they are paid based on some book that the auto manufacturer creates...for how long it should take to do a repair...and those times keep going down...so genearlly the dealer is not paid for the length of time it takes to do a repair.

Other than that..I am going to have to go with BadDog on this one. If I started hacking apart my Playstation 2 to play burned video games, then it broke because of the chip I put in it...I don't think I would go around calling Sony "The Devil" because their machine broke it after i modified it. Maybe the chip caused it...maybe it did not...but like baddog says...it's a risk you need to accept if you are going to Mod your vehicle. After seeing all these probs...I am leaving my truck stock...as it is my daily driver...and I can't afford to have it break on me.

Still...sorry to hear about your engine..that really does suck man.

Old 09-06-2001, 11:34 PM
Robert, if you don't mind, would you be so kind as to tell us exactly which programs were on your Superchips flip chip.

Last edited by mracer; 09-07-2001 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:02 AM
Banned For 2nd Time
Wow. an engine that wasnt covered under warranty??? amazing...SG

Old 09-07-2001, 09:23 AM
Unhappy

Robert,

I don't have any legal advice or even course-of-action advice. I just hope everything does work out in your favor, good luck!

Jake...

Old 09-07-2001, 01:01 PM
Question Lean out one cylinder?

I'm still curious why no chip makers havent come forward to help this guy out. I was thinking about getting a chip, but if these people wont stand behind their product when it gets stomped on by a dealer, is it really worth it? Or are they just afraid to accept the responsability that there programing may be at fault? Funny how no one has answered my question about how it can lean out one cylinder. Hello SAL, i know you are a tech and a chip tuner, please give us the skinny!

Old 09-07-2001, 01:08 PM
95 Saleen S351,

Just put your playstation in the original box and take it back where you bought it. If it's too old, just buy a new one and swap the covers where the serial number is located.

Just kidding about the playstation, but a $200 playstation doesn't compare to a $30,000 truck. Manufacturer's either need to come right out and state not to mod vehicles at all or accept some of the warranty repairs. People can't afford to buy expensive vehicles and have their warranties voided for a chip. Look at dealers like Downs Ford and the many others who sell and install aftermarket parts. Do you think they void customers warranties after they installed apart?

Old 09-07-2001, 01:30 PM
Robert,

I understand your situation fully. Ford tried to screw me out of $8000 for an engine that blew in my '99 Cobra. I ended up payinf 20% of dealers cost (~$1500) becuase I did the honest thing and tell them that I had Steeda Underdrive pullies on it at one time. Of course they used this as the excuse. THEY HAVE NO INTENTION FO SETTLING WITH YOU! Sorry, but that's how it works. Call customer service and file a formal complaint. The dealership will have the number to call. This will get a file started on you vehicle and will put the regional service rep. in touch with you. Ask to talk to his boss. BE CORDIAL AND PROFESSIONAL. BE STERN AS WELL! Making rude anger ridden remarks will get you nowhere.

It is not a fun battle by any means, they have the money to delay trials, court hearings, etc. indefinetly and will do that. It's sad that a company will not stand behind somethnig thay sell and people will put them on pedestal and praise them for that person's entire life.

I'm at the point now where I think the word "WARRANTY" is just a ploy to sell a vehicle, it doesn't really exist.

Old 09-07-2001, 02:49 PM

Last edited by Y2K 7700 4x4; 09-07-2001 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Warranty on Engine Denied