Lightning

Exhaust Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Mods?

I've noticed cruising the board here that most guys don't have headers, off-road exhaust, or high-flow Cats listed in their mods.
Is this because there isn't much HP being lost through the factory exhaust or just because the exhaust mods are pricey compared to a chip or pulley?

------------------
Scott

Old 05-26-2001, 09:30 PM
I could be wrong, but I dont think there is
too much performance to be gained through putting a whole exhaust system on. Alot of people just want a different/better sound to it. I put on the Magnaflow muffler mainly just because I wanted a deeper louder sound....which I got and I might have gained 10 horses or so . But for the money, alot of other "horsepower" mods can be done instead of a full exhaust

------------------
2001 Silver
BedRug & Snuglid
JL Audio System
Magnaflow 14468

Old 05-26-2001, 11:35 PM
Lots of info in the search and the archives on exhaust mods. They are expensive and typically dont make any HP difference.
But if you are looking to improve the sound a number of aftermarket mufflers have been used with good succcess here.

Doug

------------------
Picked up Silver 2000 Lightning 2/28/00!!
1st run 13.9 sec 1/4 !! Best Run 13.025
Silver_2000@SVTLightnings.com

www.SVTLightnings.com

2000 Lightning, FMS 3.73 gears ( Expensive ), PSP 4 Way Chip, PSP Intake, Valentine 1, Snuglid, Bedrug, Lighted Ford Logos, Superchip R9, and 3m Panther Black nickel tint, Clear corners., Boston Acoustics 5x7s and Components, Alpine v12 5 channel Amp and JL Sub, Chrome SVT Rims and G Force R1a Autocross Tires, .
Link to my profile because the UBB doesnt support semicolons any more

Old 05-29-2001, 11:00 AM
I've got long tube headers, high flow cats, custom H-pipe and Dynomax Race Magnums. Depending on the RPM the set up is worth 5-11 hp.

BABolt tips are the icing on the cake.

So far I have not seen anyone else dyno a setup before and after. I love the sound and would do it again in a heartbeat...***** is that a chevyism.

Old 06-04-2001, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need,

Do you have any of your original exhaust components for sale? I am looking to upgrade my truck.

Thanks.

Phil
cobra@fgi.net

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed:
I've got long tube headers, high flow cats, custom H-pipe and Dynomax Race Magnums. Depending on the RPM the set up is worth 5-11 hp.

BABolt tips are the icing on the cake.

So far I have not seen anyone else dyno a setup before and after. I love the sound and would do it again in a heartbeat...***** is that a chevyism.
</font>

Old 06-08-2001, 09:33 AM
Sorry, been out of town for awhile. Going to keep the stock stuff for now.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Mods?