Lightning

WFC4 Thoughts and Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up WFC4 Thoughts and Thanks

Hey guys, Sal here. Finally got the energy to fire up the computer after the 22 hr drive home from the WFC. I had a great time, and was very pleased with the event.

Since we were the Title Sponsor agian this year, we chose to take advantage of our Manufacturer's Midway space. We had a good location, and were able to scoot the PSP trucks in and out of the midway for racing with little problems. Lots of exposure for new customers, and we got to chat with all the other companies there.

There were a lot of trucks there, not as many as I expected, but still a good showing. 49 trucks in Street Lightning, but only 3 trucks in Pro-Lightning after Johnny and Joe couldn't make the 12.50 break for Pro and dropped into street. The weather was horrible for good ETs, and it showed, as everyone was way off thier best ETs. The two top spots in SL class were two nitrous trucks, followed by Johnny's 12.675 at 4450lbs, and then me with a 12.80 at exactly 4700lbs. I was pretty happy having the fastest Gen 2 truck there with no nitrous next to Johnny, since I really didn't know how it was going to run with the new motor. The air was so bad that there were only about 5 or 6 trucks that even hit the 12s. Too bad I lost first round when I got treed by Neil. Oh well .

There were only 3 trucks in Pro Lightning. Spiro, Dave Pickrel and some other guy with a 10 second gen 1 truck. Spiro ran a blistering 11.40 in time trials, but since he's not 11 second NHRA legal, we had to slow him back into the 12s. He qualified with a 12.07 dial in Eliinations and lost to Dave on the tree as well. Dave wound up winning the class agianst the 10 second guy, way to go Dave!! Spiro also broke his aluminum drivshaft on a pass, and I must say, people were coming over all weekend to get a look at the peices!!

The only negative part of the event was a single Street Lightning participant who World Race Events almost had to disqualify because he did not want to put the required class sponsor decals on his side windows after he was told to several times. What made this negative for me was that we had to keep sending people to check on his truck before each pass to make sure he had the correct decals on his truck, since he was trying to put them on in a way that nobody would see them. People who were there know who he was, and without naming names, let's just say that he was the ONLY truck there supporting one of my competitors, and I don't mean Johnny ;-).

Overall I had a blast, and as always, it's great to meet new faces and old ones, and to be able to hang out all together and share in some fun. Special thanks to John Norris, who was a huge help to both Spiro and myself all weekend. And thanks to John and Sue for just being themselves, and getting us there. You'd be surprised how many people can't beleive that Johnny and I are friends and hang out at these events together, and are really not "arch enemies" like some think. Also thanks to my wife Lisa who was a huge help, and Spiro and Christy Ann for working the PSP booth with me, and of course thanks to George, Nick, and Susie from World Race Events for all thier help and support for a great show.

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
web- www.powersurgeperformance.net
E-mail sales@powersurgeperformance.net
tech@powersurgeperformance.net
F-150 Online Supporting Vendor

Old 05-22-2001, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey Sal,
Glad to see you and Lisa made it back safely.
Are you going to be at Mod Motor Shootout @ Rochingham, NC,in June, being the title sponsor and all?
I maybe able to make it up from Fla. for it.

Dan

------------------
PSP TOTALLY MODIFIED
Best ET 12.57
Best MPH 107.89
Best 60 ft 1.72
So-Far!!
Man, I LOVE These PSP PRODUCTS!!!
(Thanks Sal!!!!)

Old 05-22-2001, 06:43 PM
Smile

Sal,
Glad to hear you made it home safely,i am glad i finally got to meet you and Lisa,Christy Ann,Johnny Lightning and Spiro which was long overdue.All you guys ran very strong considering the conditions!Hope to see everybody again maybe this fall sometime for another event!

Matt

Old 05-22-2001, 07:16 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Thumbs up

Sal,

First, let me thank you very much for putting up your hard earned dollars to sponsor the Lightning classes.

It was a pleasure finally getting to meet you and Lisa and being part of the East Coast convoy to WFC. I would have liked to say good bye to both of you but I had to get my keister back to Indy for work Monday. I arrived in Indy @ 1:00 AM Monday morning after covering 242 miles in three hours... I hope your drive home was smooth and uneventful.

After witnessing first hand how your lower pulley enhances the performance of our turcks, expect a purchase from ole Speedy in the near future.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you and Lisa. I look forward to next year!!

Old 05-22-2001, 07:21 PM
Sounds like a great weekend even with the bad weather. May have to make a road trip or at least a plane trip next year. WOW Spiro smoked an 11.40 run. Excellent. Spiro are you bending up some tubing now?

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning 13.16 (so far)
PSP 4-way
PSP Filter Kit
PSP Lower Pulley
Level 10 Shift kit
F-250 Trans pan
MagnaFlow 12468
Snug-Lid

I feel a 12.xx coming on.

Team PSP West

Old 05-23-2001, 12:02 AM
Yes i would like to thank sal for sponsering the event. we had a gret time! but i have to say that i did go 12.65 @ 107.5 with my bed lid on and tail gate and the passenger seat in! i did that when i tried to qualify for the pro-lightning class.. JL

------------------
93 cobra 10.90@127.00
99 lightning (black)
E.T. 12.06
best mph 112
60 ft. 1.65
(All Throttle No Bottle!)
JL ram air
JL Powercooler
2# pulley
Level 10 shift kit
Test Converter!
DiabloSport Dist.!
(KEEP IT BETWEEN THE LINES!)
F-150 Supporting Vendor
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
JohnnyLightning Performance
E-mail: jlightningracing@cs.com
JohnnyLightningWebpage

Old 05-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Cool

JL,

Good times!!

Are you joining the "Full Trim" Club?????

June 2nd Richmond???

Later

------------------
Brian K
kimmel_brian@prc.com
thedink@ix.netcom.com

99.5 Black - Born 5/17/99
  • "Full Trim" Club
  • 13.28 @ 102.31 (8.52 @ 83.84) Street tires & 93 octane
  • 12.97 @ 105.18 (8.30 @ 84.68) MT's & 100 octane
  • Appearance Mods: Tinted Windows, Clear Corners, Bed Rug, Street Scene Grilles, Pro-Sport Lid, Autometer "Phantom" Boost Gauge
  • Performance Mods: JL Stage 2 intake, JL Ram Air, JL Street/Strip FlipChip, FRP Single Blade TB, NGK TR-6's, Electric I/C Fan, MT ET Streets 26x11.5x16's, PSP Lower Pulley
  • Sound Mods: Alpine Audio w/MB Quart Components(F) & Pioneer(R) speakers
  • Misc: Tow Package, Mobil 1 5W-30
  • Coming Soon: 90mm MAF & JDM re-burn

Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ

Old 05-23-2001, 09:51 AM
I new I should of stuck with the 50 shot in the truck then I know I would have won pro L. to bad I didn't do that 12.48 in the qualifying runs. oh well, atleast I got a new personally best on my last run. Now the work begins, she's all apart right now again sal. tell spiro I working on some cool stuff for us, and tell him I found a much better place tp put the power steering fluid resivoir. HAHAHAHAHA, I don't want to hear it.

Thanks to all for just being the coolest people in the world. Its funny how all the mustang guys, and other ford guys don't get together the way the lightning boys and girls do! Later L family.

------------------