Lightning

Technical Help with Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Technical Help with Predator

Can you force a Predator to download a tune?

I just received a new Predator for my 2004 Lightning after an extremely protracted RMA situation (57 days, Diablosport RMA/Support leaves a lot to be desired).

In preparation for the new Predator coming, 12 days ago I had my 2004 Lightning reflashed to factory spec by the local Ford dealer. I have the documentation from the Ford dealer to show that the work was done.

I received the new Predator today and tried to get it to download a 91 Octane Pulley tune. The Predator indicates that it will not download a performance tune to a vehicle with a modified tune.

Now, my old Predator used to work before it went on the fritz and had to be replaced, so, the truck will accept tunes, at least it used to.

My thoughts are that the particular Ford calibration in my truck isn't in the Predator's memory so the Predator refuses to download anything. Ford can certainly change calibrations on a whim and may have released a calibration that superceeds anything put out in 03 or 04.

Is there a way to force it to download a tune? This is my daily driver and tow truck and I need to get something in there safe so I can tow next weekend (6 lb, CAI, MAF, cat back) for racing.

Thanks,
Ron

Old 04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On your documentation from Ford, did it show any PCM updates?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you called Diablo? Their tech support may be lacking, but this is a 101-level question.

Quick Reply: Technical Help with Predator