Lightning

Just 'cause its a C5 done mean its the quickest...(boys at SVT, read this)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

That C5 driver must have been smoking crack--"millineum LS6 engine", yeah right. One of these idiots that doesn't even know whats under the hood. LS6 is exclusive to the Z06, not a convertible and it came out in 2001. I hate people like that who talk smack and don't know what the heck they are talking about.

Old 04-10-2001, 04:50 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Yeah, I did ruffle some feathers over there. More than I intended. I had a few before I strolled into that saloon and was lookin' for a little trouble. I guess I got it.

Yellow00, here's a link to the site that has all the videos of the C5, I just put some pictures up at my site and linked it from there, to keep everything consistent.

I have never driven an F-body, let alone a corvette. I dont think he can handle the power of the truck. That would be cool though. And I have no idea how I would word it.

http://www.geocities.com/akstreetrace/main.html

Have any of you guys seen the video of the talon? They called BS when I said 8-10 lengths.

That car gaining fast on me is indeed the Talon. I hear he's going for the 12G record in the 1/4 mile. Something like 11.7 of a 12G turbo or something. Now that car is a sleeper. His best so far is 12.04 with less mods than he has now. There is a link to his site from the link above.

I know the LS6 only comes with the Z06. We tried telling those guys that. At a certain point I realize that some people get out of the car wearing clown suits and put on a circus show, thats when I sit back and smile.

------------------
99 Black Lightning! Kills! kills2! spring01kills last few ???
factory tonneau cover, 100k mile warrantee, Line-Xed

2.145 60' 8.789@82.71 (1/8) 13.603@101.05 1/4 track straight pipes, 'Major' rear lights, no chip

Old 04-10-2001, 06:15 PM
Hey Tundra, Please post the link to the Vette forum. I mentioned in my reply to you over at the SVT forum that I to have come across a 12.05 sec Talon, Only he ran that here at an altitude of 5500 feet. These things take off like they are shot out of a cannon.

------------------
2000 Lightning Silver frost
Clear corners (Front only)
JDM 90mm Kit, JDM Chip, Bed Rug, Snuglid

Old 04-11-2001, 12:02 AM
Talking

At this weekend' autocross, the owner of a black R/T came up to me and said his buddy also has one, and they are not all that fast. Apparently, the buddy works for a Ford dealership, and has a blue Lightning and it can not hang with the (stock) R/T.

NO KIDDING !!

I just nodded my head and asked him if he wanted to try again. He was game, but since I still had my Hoosiers on, he had to wait. After he has seen the truck run, he came up with all kinds of excuses and left without waiting for me to change back to the F1's.

Old 04-11-2001, 12:09 AM
A blue Lightning??? I'm not 100% up on my L history, but I don't remember that being a factory color. Was it a custom paint job, not a real L, or am I just mistaken?

-Ollie

Old 04-11-2001, 12:18 AM
Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by felonious:
A blue Lightning??? I'm not 100% up on my L history, but I don't remember that being a factory color. Was it a custom paint job, not a real L, or am I just mistaken?

-Ollie
</font>
When I said to him the L did not come in blue, he said the buddy said it was a factory special. Yea right, a service technician that can order a one-off car from Ford ?!

The R/T driver was being BS'ed by his buddy. I think it was a normal F150 Flareside, painted and with the ground effects and wheels added.

Quick Reply: Just 'cause its a C5 done mean its the quickest...(boys at SVT, read this)