Lightning

Bought my 03 Lightning last week and now the trannys blown WTF?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlueHornet
T The point is this thing should be covered, especially since I checked out svtlightnings.net and read about the built-in slip which breaks down the tranny over time.
I wouldnt trust ANY information that comes from THAT site - It was written by the Warranty people ....

PS ANY warranty has clauses to EXCLUDE damage caused by intentional ABUSE

Like ... doing donuts one a spent tranny

Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Man this forum has a lot of DOUCHE BAGS on it.

The guy bought a SVT F150 LIGHTNING. That is a SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM, SUPERCHARGED street/sport truck, is it not? Are you even going to try and tell me for one split second that they (FoMoCo) expect owners of these trucks NOT to get on it and do burnouts and/or donuts?

Are you kidding me?

I also fail to see the part where the warranty says it won't cover problems caused from driving it in stock form, according to your own driving style without physically contacting other objects (ie splashing through water and hydrolocking, slamming into curbs, walls, etc) and suddenly losing coverage.

How the hell can doing a burnout void a warranty? That makes NO sense- period.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY is circulating videos of THEM having drivers demo the new "Slingshot" edition Harley trucks (also factory supercharged) and doing multiple burnouts with them. I suppose you're going to tell me that same FoMoCo is going to then deny warranty claims from customers that drive their trucks the way Ford showed them to?

Please. You've got one BAD dealership with a bunch of tools (I'm not talking about wrenches) with no clue. If you take this to Ford (The company, not the dealer) I just can not see them denying that claim.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000
I wouldnt trust ANY information that comes from THAT site - It was written by the Warranty people ....

PS ANY warranty has clauses to EXCLUDE damage caused by intentional ABUSE

Like ... doing donuts one a spent tranny

I just hate it when someone messes up a good thread by posting facts .

Now everybody get back to posting your emotional opinions. It makes for better entertainment... .

Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

The dealership is probably just pissed off because you brought it to them and told them it was having transmission issues and then someone sees you doing burnouts or donuts or whatever you call it. To them it probably looked like you were intentionally trying to break it. That would **** me off too...

Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
You are confusing the point and the facts. It is NOT the fact that he did a burnout - get over that point. It is the fact he did a burnout AFTER he knew he had tranny problems.

If you suspected your truck was running lean, would you go do WOT runs up and down the highway? And then cry to Ford when a rod vented your block?
Sometimes common sense needs to be applied and people held accountable for their actions.

-Mark
Nice try, but wrong. I'm not confusing anything.

The fact of the matter is he just bought the truck, which is under warranty, and he is free to drive it how he wishes. It is NOT his job as the owner of the truck to properly diagnose any potential problems with his truck and drive it accordingly. I don't recall having to take any mechanic certification courses when I bought my last couple Fords, did you?

It's not his fault that the tranny was already acting up, and it isn't his fault that he didn't know it was on the complete verge of grenading either. That's NOT HIS JOB.

Also, I'm not a mechanic, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that if the tranny WAS truly messed up and on the verge of going, had he not done burnouts would that have made the repair any less expensive? I could be wrong there, but I doubt it would since a burnout wouldn't do crap do a tranny anyway if it was this close to going.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Old 06-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Suspended
The lack of a response is always a good indicator of admitting you're wrong.

PS- you say I missed the facts and got emotional in my first post- you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills a bit. Either that, or actually read the entire post.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:55 PM
The lack of a response is always a good indicator of admitting you're wrong.

PS- you say I missed the facts and got emotional in my first post- you may want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills a bit. Either that, or actually read the entire post.
I never said you got emotional, maybe you should check your reading skill?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:07 PM

OMG, this is turning into the DR Phil show....

Old 06-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Suspended
I never said you got emotional, maybe you should check your reading skill?

Nice dodge.... completely and entirely avoiding any sort of reply to the points I brought up, again. Impressive!

And you're right, you didn't say the emotional part, that was someone else in a later post who was agreeing with you. I'll give you that, and only that. But I'm still waiting for you to actually RESPOND (Not reply) to anything I wrote.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:27 PM

The fact of the matter is he just bought the truck, which is under warranty, and he is free to drive it how he wishes.
The other facts are that the warranty that he bought was a contract
If the contract that he signed and there fore agreed to stated that he would be responsible for any intentional abuse ( and I bet it did ) then his goose is cooked .

To use your words - yes you are right - if he bought it with CASH then he can "drive it how he wishes" - BUT if he has a loan on it or insurance on it - BOTH of those contracts typically have clauses that prohibit intentional abuse ...
my $0.02

Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
get a clue

some of you newbies have all the answers.

This Ford voiding warranties and aftermarket companies voiding warranties bs has been going on since day 1 back in 99. This is nothing new.

All these questions your asking about how can ford do this and they do burnouts in commercials and blah blah blah. All been said before. The answers is simple, they can and do.

Use your friend the search button and search voided warranties. Isn't anything we haven't heard of

I agree whole heartedly that if you are gonna promote a Special Vehicle Team assembled product, but you have to drive it like grannies grocery getter, then what is so special about this vehicle besides the price tag?

Obviously, look at ford's financial situation. They are in the crapper as a whole and SVT aside from this new overpriced Shelby crap is dead.

I can't believe you work at this dealership and they are pulling this ****. I'll tell you, if they don't cover it, tow it out of there and let another dealerhip make the money fixing it. I'd then quit and start spilling dirt on anything you have on them.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 PM
ford can do burnouts because they put that little legal disclosure on the bottom of the commercial to cover their azz

Old 06-20-2007, 08:40 PM

I see this little flame war thread getting locked very soon...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Did I start a war?!? =D
Im still waiting the verdict...theyve got the tranny out but havent pulled it apart yet...

Quick Reply: Bought my 03 Lightning last week and now the trannys blown WTF?!?