Lightning

Bought my 03 Lightning last week and now the trannys blown WTF?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlueHornet
THE DONUTS ARE IRRELEVANT
Maybe, but they're also not a very smart thing to do.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by TheBlueHornet
The point is this thing should be covered, especially since I checked out svtlightnings.net and read about the built-in slip which breaks down the tranny over time.
Thank god you checked out some info on the web.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you tell them that Ford can do burnouts in their commercials with the L, but you can't ?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Although yes once you sign you may be stuck BUT I have outright refused to take my troubled vehicle back from a Dealership in more than one ocassion. You simply dumped it off on the dealer throw the salesman the keys (that sold it to you) and tell him to shove it up his a$$ (if need be). Then you only talk to him, if he trys to shove you off to the Service Department you say NO you sold it to me, you sold me a wrrnty, and immediatley I have a problem your Service Department doesnt want to fix.

I got a new trans that way on the cobra, and a new set of F-1's, hehehehe, I also called the loan company in another case and they were very helpful

You tell them JUST THE FACTS, example --> Hey Jane Doe I bought this vehicle with a wrrnty, the tranny went immediately, they refused to fix it, so I gave them the car back and now I dont know what to do, can you please call them for me.... They should have "no problem" making a call for you to the dealership (which will help).

My sister-in-law got a brand new cara-van 5 weeks after buying one
she had problems with

My old assistant at work got "2" new Explorers because the others were always stalling

Closer to your story a while back I bought a Brand New Bike and immediatley put cams, headers, carbs, filters, and re-geared it (front sprocket). I was out at a Bike meet the next week and the owner of the dealership claims he saw me doing wheelie's and power brakes, hole shots, power shifting, bla bla bla. Motor had issues a while later and when I went back he was like no ****** way I saw that bike and it was modified bla bla bla, I WAS LIKE FU YOUR DREAMING....
I put it back to 100% stock brought it in and threw him the keys and walked out (with a witness of course). I wrote Honda told him I have a brand new bike thats all stock and the dealer is crazy and refusing to fix it and bla bla bla. They called him and authorized the fix, wam I got a new motor.

I could go on and tell you about "7" (yes 7) Turbo Chargers I got for free on an old Suburu, and two motors... Free Paint Jobs, interiors, you name it, POINT IS IF YOU MAKE A BIG ENOUGH STINK THEY WILL FIX IT!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I see a blown up motor in your future.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Suspended
Man this forum has a lot of DOUCHE BAGS on it.

The guy bought a SVT F150 LIGHTNING. That is a SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM, SUPERCHARGED street/sport truck, is it not? Are you even going to try and tell me for one split second that they (FoMoCo) expect owners of these trucks NOT to get on it and do burnouts and/or donuts?

Are you kidding me?

I also fail to see the part where the warranty says it won't cover problems caused from driving it in stock form, according to your own driving style without physically contacting other objects (ie splashing through water and hydrolocking, slamming into curbs, walls, etc) and suddenly losing coverage.

How the hell can doing a burnout void a warranty? That makes NO sense- period.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY is circulating videos of THEM having drivers demo the new "Slingshot" edition Harley trucks (also factory supercharged) and doing multiple burnouts with them. I suppose you're going to tell me that same FoMoCo is going to then deny warranty claims from customers that drive their trucks the way Ford showed them to?

Please. You've got one BAD dealership with a bunch of tools (I'm not talking about wrenches) with no clue. If you take this to Ford (The company, not the dealer) I just can not see them denying that claim.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Who the hell says you can't do a burnout? My truck is only warrantied if I drive like Aunt Ethel goin to church on Sunday? No ****ing way. That is why automakers do endurance testing. They only time I disagree with that is when a truck has been modified and then returned to stock. If you can afford to modify it you have to be able to afford the consequences.

EDIT: forgot about the 3yr part of the warrenty

Last edited by supersoic491; 06-20-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Hey bird.. I'll be starting the build-up hopefully before friday. Trilogy kit.

Looking forward to seeing that thing run with that kit.

Bird

Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Lumadar is correct about EVERYTHING he said, its a burnout!!!!

people saying that it is stupid must not own a lightning, hell i even do it in my truck(not to the effect that the lightning has), YOUR DEALERSHIP IS TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF!!!!, even if they "saw" you do the burnout, they can't nullify your warranty, you should be able to burnout in front of the dealersship and then when you get out of it say "oops!! i lost traction" and they can not do ****!!, try talking to the owner of the dealership, and you should have not said you did the burnout to anyone!, deny it until they have concrete proof, which i doubt they do

hope you get it fixed and burnout in these people's face!!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go Soprano on their *** if they keep giveing you shizit... ....Its not even out of factory warranty...........WTF

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I burned out with my '99 F150, my '00 Dakota, and ripped one with my '07 F150. Never destroyed anything... and what's better was that the day I was getting new tires on my Dakota, I burned out for 5 minutes. Yes, just sat there and roasted them. Went down to the dealer right after (like a mile down the road), had a set of 5 waiting for me (full size spare), and the service manager told me my truck smelled like burnt rubber. I said, "Oh, I might have left my ebrake on accidently." Yah, right... hahahaha

All I can see it doing is potentially voiding the warranty on the tires... but who the heck cares. But I even doubt that.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
Hey bird.. I'll be starting the build-up hopefully before friday. Trilogy kit.

On topic. I'm riding the fence on this one. Yes, you bought the bumper-to-bumper.. so in theory, they should fix it with no questions asked. But you did rag on it knowing it was "injured".. That was 100% your fault.

Like mentioned before... it didn't detonate untill the tech drove it, and we all know what those guys do when the owners aren't around.

Good luck getting it settled.

that why i would never leave my truck any where... I just had the trani fulid and filter replaced. and i wated and watched them .

Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by dod racing
I see a blown up motor in your future.
Leave the guy alone, he's not used to a rear wheel drive/sc'd/v8...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Man this forum has a lot of DOUCHE BAGS on it.

The guy bought a SVT F150 LIGHTNING. That is a SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM, SUPERCHARGED street/sport truck, is it not? Are you even going to try and tell me for one split second that they (FoMoCo) expect owners of these trucks NOT to get on it and do burnouts and/or donuts?

Are you kidding me?
You are confusing the point and the facts. It is NOT the fact that he did a burnout - get over that point. It is the fact he did a burnout AFTER he knew he had tranny problems.

If you suspected your truck was running lean, would you go do WOT runs up and down the highway? And then cry to Ford when a rod vented your block?
Sometimes common sense needs to be applied and people held accountable for their actions.

-Mark

Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
You are confusing the point and the facts. It is NOT the fact that he did a burnout - get over that point. It is the fact he did a burnout AFTER he knew he had tranny problems.

If you suspected your truck was running lean, would you go do WOT runs up and down the highway? And then cry to Ford when a rod vented your block?
Sometimes common sense needs to be applied and people held accountable for their actions.

-Mark
Amen.

Quick Reply: Bought my 03 Lightning last week and now the trannys blown WTF?!?