Lightning

new lightning onwer looking for info please

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new lightning onwer looking for info please

I just recently picked up a 1999 lightning and am for the most part loving it...

However, the person that onwed it before me put on an aftermarket gauge overlay. Non only do I not care for its looks, it isnt fully functional. The speedo only goes to 100MPH (is the original 140MPH?) and therefore is at least 10MPH off and seemingly even more at higher speeds.

I have been doing some searching on the web the past few days, and the only OEM thing I can seem to find is an entire gauge replacement. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to find just the overlay, or an aftermarket one that is similar to OEM?

Also, is there supposed to be any kind of boost gauge standard in these trucks?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by aac0894
I just recently picked up a 1999 lightning and am for the most part loving it...

However, the person that onwed it before me put on an aftermarket gauge overlay. Non only do I not care for its looks, it isnt fully functional. The speedo only goes to 100MPH (is the original 140MPH?) and therefore is at least 10MPH off and seemingly even more at higher speeds.

I have been doing some searching on the web the past few days, and the only OEM thing I can seem to find is an entire gauge replacement. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to find just the overlay, or an aftermarket one that is similar to OEM?

Also, is there supposed to be any kind of boost gauge standard in these trucks?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the stock boost gauge wpould be on the upper right hand corner of the gauge cluster, but for most lightnings it's only accurate to 10psi.
DONT MEAN TO BE A ***** BUT ARE YOU SURE IT'S A REAL LIGHTNING.
www.svtlightnings.com
www.timskelton.com
www.nloc.net
are some sites where you can find some info for your L.
try looking in ebay.sometimes a few good deals pop up on there.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Here is where you get the boost overlays for the stock guage.

http://www.boostoverlay.com/

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by 04LIGHTING
the stock boost gauge wpould be on the upper right hand corner of the gauge cluster, but for most lightnings it's only accurate to 10psi.
DONT MEAN TO BE A ***** BUT ARE YOU SURE IT'S A REAL LIGHTNING.
www.svtlightnings.com
www.timskelton.com
www.nloc.net
are some sites where you can find some info for your L.
try looking in ebay.sometimes a few good deals pop up on there.
Thanks for the info..You got me thinking about making sure it was a real lightning, so I double checked the VIN the best I could. It appears by the manufacturer identifier (2FT- Canada assembly) and the eighth digit engine code of "3" for 380 hp triton 5.4 (although I think my year was 0nly 360hp) that it is indeed the real deal. The boost gauge must simply be covered up by the new overlay.

Quick Reply: new lightning onwer looking for info please