Lightning

For the L crowd's viewing pleasure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04gtf150
ok, I see what you are all saying about the badges. Smokin, I was just trying to say that you have badged your truck Roush, and no one cares, but I put SVT badges on my truck and I should be hung. Just trying to compare. Any ways, today at work I decided that I am going to buy the fender vents, and then the SVT badges will come off. When I put them on, I didnt think it would cause this kind of an uproar. I apologize if I offended anyone. Anf for the ebay tails, they are gone. Took me a bit to realize how gouwdy they were.
Smok][n bought a Roush supercharger and probably got a few Roush decals with the purchase. He didn't put Lightning emblems on it. Think how the Dodge SRT-10 owners would feel if a guy in a regular Dodge Ram decided to finish what Dodge didn't do and then put SRT-10 emblems and a few Viper badges on it, do you think they would be happy? You have a nice F-150 truck and you should be proud of it without having the SVT emblems.

Last edited by MAT2CH; 04-25-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Thumbs up

yeah! in 09 , it will be real! but enjoy the posers! oh yeah! it wont be 'svt' it will be well' the boss' get ready its comin! 6.8 liters of kickass name taken! and for you tundra owners! your first on the list!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Red00Lght
Gotta say...I hope you rethink the fender vents. That is a fad about to fade as fast as the spinners.
I don't like fender vents but thats just my taste. Many don't like black/silver rims like on my truck, but thats my taste. I think those vents are gonna become almost too common before long with the 08 Super-Duties coming on-line.

I just ordered rip-off Harley lights for the front end. Should I NOT put them on to avoid this type of crucifixion?

Hail Mary full of grace....

Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Good grief. You kids need to get a life! That guy paid for his truck, and he can put any sticker he wants on it. I can't believe that none of you have anything better to do than pick on this dude for a sticker on his truck. How would you feel if everyone told you that your truck looked stupid? It's bad enough that you're so rich that you can spend 10's of thousands of dollars on upgrades on your truck, but you have to be gay, and pick on other people that try to aspire to you too! You people are pitiful.

Just for that, I'm gonna peel my badges off my 17.3 second F-150 and add a lightning decal! And if you come down to my house and think you're gonna beat me in a power contest, you've got another thing coming. We'll see just how bad you are when you get here, we'll hook up, and see who puts more to the ground. I got your SVT right here. You might want to go buy a reciever hitch, cause I'd hate to pull your carbon fiber bumper off.

Last edited by chester8420; 04-25-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
About those fender vents. Did a little looking into them, and they are Not going on my truck> dont feel lick cutting my fenders up and having them rust. and Smokin, I apologize, guess I should look before I speak. I thought you had bagded ur truck with Roush, but instead they where GT-F150 sorry

Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by 04gtf150
Smokin, I was just trying to say that you have badged your truck Roush, and no one cares, but I put SVT badges on my truck and I should be hung. Just trying to compare.
the difference is that a "SVT F150" badge was meant specifically for the lightning.

this is the only roush badge i have on my truck:

the difference is that roush makes alot of other products besides the "Roush F150" if someone drops a Roush 427 crate motor in their say fox body mustang and then puts a "Roush" emblem on the car, you cant say "hey, thats not a roush f150"... im not saying this to give you a hard time or anything, but just to show you why some people here are...

Old 04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chester8420
. . .That guy paid for his truck, and he can put any sticker he wants on it. . .
Yup.

. . . I can't believe that none of you have anything better to do than pick on this dude for a sticker on his truck. . .
Believe it.

. . . How would you feel if everyone told you that your truck looked stupid? . . .
Depends on who "everyone" is and whether or not they were right.

. . . .pick on other people that try to aspire to you too!. . .
Posers suck. End of story.

. . .You people are pitiful. . .
Not as pitiful as a poser.

. . . Just for that, I'm gonna peel my badges off my 17.3 second F-150 and add a lightning decal! . . .
Cool. Just make sure that it's color coordinated with the deer head decal.

. . . And if you come down to my house and think you're gonna beat me in a power contest, you've got another thing coming. . . .
How about an IQ challenge instead?

. . . we'll hook up . . .
Now that's gay.

. . . I got your SVT right here. . .
Gayer.

. . . You might want to go buy a reciever hitch, cause I'd hate to pull your carbon fiber bumper off.
Let's see. . . . You apparently want me to come to your mobile home so that we can engage in some sort of contest where we lash the rear ends of our trucks together, and then we try to pull them apart.

Ummmm, . . . errr, . . . Sorry, still gay.

No thanks. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I've seen Deliverance.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Just for that, I'm gonna peel my badges off my 17.3 second F-150 and add a lightning decal! And if you come down to my house and think you're gonna beat me in a power contest, you've got another thing coming. We'll see just how bad you are when you get here, we'll hook up, and see who puts more to the ground. I got your SVT right here. You might want to go buy a reciever hitch, cause I'd hate to pull your carbon fiber bumper off.

Yea, I had a 97 just like the one in your sig, white over black....Sold it for a better truck. Now I am putting 600 to the rear wheels with the stock hitch still on it....Glad you could show up over here and put us in our place...I know I have learned my lesson.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
How about an IQ challenge instead?
Sure. I wouldn't want you to feel stupid though. You don't even know what a pulloff is. Maybe you should post a few more childish pictures instead.

Let's see. . . . You apparently want me to come to your mobile home so that we can engage in some sort of contest where we lash the rear ends of our trucks together, and then we try to pull them apart.

Ummmm, . . . errr, . . . Sorry, still gay.

No thanks. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I've seen Deliverance.

I don't live in a mobile home, (there's 16 lanes of interstate running right outside my door) and if I did, it wouldn't change the fact that you are a childish jackass in the least.

So, it's cool to race, but it isn't cool to have a pulloff? I'm sure a lot of the diesel guys would disagree. It's sad that you wouldn't accept my offer, but I knew you wouldn't. You just like to talk and take comments out of context. That's so cute! Let me know when you turn 16 and actually get a truck. Maybe we'll race then... Oh, and I don't remember deliverance being set in ATLANTA!

Last edited by chester8420; 04-25-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by rotorwash

Yea, I had a 97 just like the one in your sig, white over black....Sold it for a better truck. Now I am putting 600 to the rear wheels with the stock hitch still on it....Glad you could show up over here and put us in our place...I know I have learned my lesson.
If you press the button that says "quote" you won't have to type all my comments each time.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
. . . it isn't cool to have a pulloff? . . .
Sure. Whatever you and your buddies want to do out there in the woods is fine by me. Nothing against you, it's just that I like girls.

. . . Oh, and I don't remember deliverance being set in ATLANTA!
". . . Deliverance is the story of four suburban professional men from Atlanta, Georgia . . .

Deliverance was shot in the Tallulah Gorge in Tallulah Falls, Georgia and on the Chattooga River, dividing the states of Georgia and South Carolina."

IMDB

Old 04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
BTW, relax there, amigo, just pokin' a little fun. [the smilie was supposed to be a hint]

While I've never made anyone of the same sex squeal like a pig, I'm from the great state of South Carolina myself.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Nothing against you, it's just that I like girls.
Now, what does that have to do with racing? Are you saying that your woman that won't let you? Or do you only race girls?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 AM
A pull off in the dirt or on pavement.. you didn't state, so I'll chime in.

On dirt.. have fun. Sport trucks wer not made to go and ruin themselves in the dirt. But *If* they were.. I'll play.

Stock lightning has 590mm of rubber in contact with the earth in the rear.
you truck has what? 500? 530? (295mm *2 = 590)

So basically.. all I have to do is hold the brake untill you break traction (start spinning out) and gently push the accelerator and pull you everywhere I want? Sould like a legitimate solution to me.

Look, leave this thread alone. You drive a 4X4 FARM truck. You have it for FARM reasons. Other guys have a truck to go fast because it's more bada$$ to have a fast truck than a fast car. Everybody has a fast car at the track.... how many guys have a fast truck that spanks most of them most every sunday? SVT guys do.

Go back to your Edge Evolution and 4X4 threads and leave this one alone.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
Hey Rob, do you know who I am?
yeah i know who ya are. how have ya been?

Quick Reply: For the L crowd's viewing pleasure...