Lightning

Rain+I10+Badluck=

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain+I10+Badluck=

Standing on the side of the road for 2 hours in the rain! Yesterday heading West on I10 at about 4:45pm, as I crested the Jasmine Rd. overpass in Crowley the rear of the L decided it didn't want to follow the front and after a few brief seconds of trying to correct it we spun from the left lane into the right guardrail. Struck the front drivers side then the rear drivers side and stopped pass the overpass on the side of the road. Man am I dissapointed in myself. We weren't speeding because the weather was off and on, I didn't tap the brakes or accelerate and the rear just got loose. My wife and I weren't hurt but she's a bit sore today. Air bags let loose so now we wait for the insurance company. No ticket, and we walked away so it could have been much much worst.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, sorry to see that dude. Glad that you are okay, and hopefully the insurance company will get you back on the road soon.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:29 PM
At least you and your good lady are OK.
You can always get another truck. or yours repaired.

Maybe there was some spilt fuel or oil on the road surface.

Best wishes from a very wet Southern England...

Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Man, that's terrible. At first, I thought you'd posted you were going "110" and then I read it more carefully:o .

Dan

Old 10-22-2006, 03:04 PM
daaaamn, thats unfortunate. yea ive lost my tail end a few times, once while doing a u-turn while traffic was coming. Its a pretty scary feeling but good to see nobody got hurt after that wreck.

Are you going to get another Lightning ?? hopefully your insurance will treat you good.

sorry to see that man and take care.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Dang...sorry for the mishap! Glad you and the mrs. are ok!

Old 10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
That sucks man, hopefully things will get straightened out by your insurance company. At least no one was hurt..."Anything you can walk away from..."

Seems like our tails are almost too light, and we see it come loose in the rain. I've heard a lot of stories like this and have experianced it myself, though to a lesser extent. Pulling out of a gas station (already a bad place), the rear wheels spun just a bit and caused the tail to twist slightly.

Makes me sick to see a Lightning get crunched or wrecked, but thankfully people always seem to be able to walk away.

Good luck with getting everything sorted out!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Suspended
Im glad you and the Mrs are ok...the truck can be replaced

Old 10-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad that you and your wife are OK, the truck can be replaced. That is really a shame.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Rain+I10+Badluck=

Did you have your cruise control on????
Glad you weren't hurt, and yes the truck can be fixed

Old 10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by SuperChip Y2K
Did you have your cruise control on????
No, it was more of a leasurely ride to her brothers house and we weren't really in a hurry. Just talking and enjoying the time alone. The speed limit is 70 and we may have been doing 60-65 as the weather was on and off.

There will always be a L in my future. I'm thinking we are going to keep this one, unless the frame is worst that I think it is.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Looks to me like about 6,000 worth of damage, thats if they dont need to put it on a frame shaker and straighten it out. The fenders are rooled and the hood looks rolled also. My buddy totalled mine the first week I got it and damage was 9500 dollars. We ended up getting the airbags from the junkyard out of a taurus sho becuase they wanted 1150 a piece. Also when the airbags go off the seatbelts release a nitrogen charge and they also lock up so you will need to buy new belt assemblys. 650 a piece. My front was a little worse than that. I needed intercoolers, radiator, bumper, hood, lights, grilles, radiator support, shroud, frame staighten, paint, windshield, mirrors,etc... The bad part was he had to pay out of his pocket becuase he had no insurance and I did not want that going on my record, plus then the truck would have a salvage title. Good luck to you man.....

Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM
DONT ever think your truck will never be the same again....that BS. I work for a major body shop in FL and with todays technologies.....it amazes me the computerized measuring system we have can bring repairs back to the exact millimeter! Take it to a reputable shop and she'll be back like new!! Keep on top of your writer and your insureance company to make things smoother too.
WHere in Texas are you?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Look at the bright side you and the wife are fine...

...and gas is only 2.03 at the next exit.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Peladu
Look at the bright side you and the wife are fine...

...and gas is only 2.03 at the next exit.
That, my friend, has but the first smile on my face since it happened!!

SVTLIGHTING, was that estimate based on new parts or what I might spend if I do like you and shop around? The hood is still in good shape.

I've taken apart these seatbelts and other f150's and haven't seen anykind of nitrogen mechanics??

I'm not in TX anylonger. I'm in south Louisiana but haven't got new plates yet.