Lightning

04 Lightning Need Major Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 Lightning Need Major Help Please

Im A New Lightning Owner And Ive Been Thinking About Trading My Lightning That Ive Only Had For 5 Months On A New Mustang Gt And Supercharge The Mustang. Id Like To Get The Truck To Around 450rwhp And Dont Know If It Will Be Easier To Do It On A New Mustang Or The Truck. I Like The Way The Truck Looks But Im Still Undecided. The Only Mods I Have On My Truck Are Airraid Cai And 2lb Lower, Boost Bypass And The Performance Tune By Diablosport Predator. Have No Clue On How Much Power Im Making! What Mods Will Get To My Goal Of 450rwhp. I Just Want A 12 Sec Truck And I Know Theres Plenty Of Them Out There. Thanks In Advance.

Confused

Old 07-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Get a 4lb lower pulley, true flow intake plenum with single blade throttle body and a good tune. should put you over 400rwhp. The truck with these mods should run high 12s.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
My only comment is that you will probably loose your A$$ only owning it for 5 months.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by 04LIGHTING
Im A New Lightning Owner And Ive Been Thinking About Trading My Lightning That Ive Only Had For 5 Months On A New Mustang Gt And Supercharge The Mustang. Id Like To Get The Truck To Around 450rwhp And Dont Know If It Will Be Easier To Do It On A New Mustang Or The Truck. I Like The Way The Truck Looks But Im Still Undecided. The Only Mods I Have On My Truck Are Airraid Cai And 2lb Lower, Boost Bypass And The Performance Tune By Diablosport Predator. Have No Clue On How Much Power Im Making! What Mods Will Get To My Goal Of 450rwhp. I Just Want A 12 Sec Truck And I Know Theres Plenty Of Them Out There. Thanks In Advance.

Confused
what color is your truck and how many miles do you have on it. I am lloking for an 03 or 04 like new condition with low miles. prefer silver or blue.
Mike mtmeyers@earthlink.net

Old 07-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
The new mustangs and the Lightning i think are close enough to race weight, that its pretty much your choice on looks.
From what ive read, its fairly cheap and easy to get a L into the 12's
I dont know that much about the new GT's, or their 1/4 times, but i think you will spend alot more time and money getting the stang to see 12's
-Patrick

Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Keep the Lightning, as mentioned you will loose your tail on it if it's only been 5 months. 6lb lower, Have it tuned by an experianced Lightning tuner, Full Exhaust, Some sort of intake and see where you are there. Maybe later try adding an E-Fan, Single Blade etc etc

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
The new mustangs and the Lightning i think are close enough to race weight
No, well maybe if it's JLP's drag truck.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Either can make the 450rwhp mark cheap and easy. Just buy a NX wet kit and get a good tuner and your set. screw all that bolt on stuff go for the good stuff lol

Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by LatemodelRacer2
Either can make the 450rwhp mark cheap and easy. Just buy a NX wet kit and get a good tuner and your set. screw all that bolt on stuff go for the good stuff lol
True, but 450rwhp, plus NX ontop, is even better. I personally wouldnt use more then a 100 on my own daily, and 150 on drag setup.
-Patrick

Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
You generally do not need 450 hp to get in the 12's, depends upon temp and altitude. Recently bought a pure stock, low mile 99L and ran 12.8 with 408 hp with only 5# and chip and 90 mm mass air, and 4" hole cut in the bottom of the stock air box. EVERYTHING else on this truck was stock except for slicks and Lakewoods. Even stock muffler and cats, and trailer hitch in place and it was not bear aZZ cold at the time. It was barely 14.0 material stock.

Getting into 12's is relatively easy now and can be done for ~$1,000 with no loss of reliability. The knowledge base and products developed over the past 5 years or so has made it a lot easier and cheaper to gain power. I and others spent a LOT of time and money getting L's that quick in the early years.

By the way, 450 hp will generally put you in the very high 11's, but those extra hp cost a lot more dollars per hp.

Last edited by BigBobsL; 08-01-2006 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 Lightning Need Major Help Please