Lightning

3.73 Gear Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2000, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I can answer that last question, John Jr. It won't necessarily hurt the truck, but it will confuse the **** out of the computer, and you may get some funny shift patterns. I haven't recalibrated my 4.10s yet, and sometimes when I gas it at speed it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in.

Old 07-07-2000, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the response, Alphadoggy.

Do you feel the need to get the computer recalibrated?

Does the gear change to the 4.10's give a dramatic effect even without having to recal the speedo and computer?

Thanks,
John

Old 07-07-2000, 04:39 PM
yeah Johnjr,
the computer doesnt know what to do.I use sal's chip and before i had it calibrated for the gears the truck was shifting all wrong...only able to net 13.9's with the chip...i did better stock....now when the chip was calibrated I was pulling 13.50's...all night long and might be able to get a 13.3 or 13.2 out of it....Sent the chip back for the flip chip so i cant test for a while.

Old 07-08-2000, 12:50 AM
Yes to both your questions, JohnJr. I feel it is a must to recal the speedo, my wife gets really nervous when she looks over and sees the needle on 120, even though she knows we aren't even doing 100. And you can't recal the EECU for 4.10s, you have to get a chip, but I knew up-front that I was going to get Danny's chip and MAF once I got the 4.10s in. It doesn't make any sense to me to pay that much for a high performance truck and not spend a few bucks more to really wake it up, plus the mods, especially the 4.10s, will really enhance the towing capabilities.

Forgot to mention, without calibrating your odometer is going to read erroneously high. You will be putting undriven miles on your truck, and your service intervals will be too short.

[This message has been edited by alphadoggy (edited 07-07-2000).]

Quick Reply: 3.73 Gear Change