Lightning

air/fuel/ratio gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air/fuel/ratio gauge

I have lariat of 2001 motor 5.4 treatment to mount a mixture gauge to him and it does not work to me. It installs it in the cable that supposedly is the one of the signal in the sensor of I also oxygen installs it in the supposed cable that sends to the signal in the computer all this by the instructions of book HAYNES. The ford has 4 sensors of the oxygen installs it in 3 of them in the 2 high and one low. And installs a sensor of a single cable and nothing to him. The gauge test in ford splash of my brother who has one direct test the computer disconnects the one to him of and it installs my gauge to him and it works no longer to the 100% that but to do to him if somebody to installed some in one ford of those or one lightning that is the same motor please help me I am going it to be thank.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Trying to read this is giving me a frigging headache.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I do not speak ingles and Spanish

Old 02-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you are trying to hook up an inexpensive air fuel ratio gauge to the wires on your stock oxygen sensor. I can't help you with the wiring, but you may want to rethink using that gauge. They're not accurate, and not very helpful. You may want to look into a wideband air fuel ratio gauge, such as those made by Innovate, AEM, Dynojet, etc.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow that was painful........if you want to know what is the signal wire to tap into it's the BLACK wire.

--Joe

Old 02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
While I would agree that the digital wideband A/F guages are more accurate, easier to read, and offer more options (like datalogging), I would disagree to the notion that the analog A/F gauges are not accurate or helpful.

My Autometer Lunar A/F gauge has been calibrated for WOT function and when compared to an actual A/F sniffer on a weighted dyno, it is dead-on accurate. At 12.4 on the sniffer, the Autometer gauge is still in the stoic zone. At 12.6-12.7 it falls into the red (lean) zone. The key is making sure it is calibrated.

That said, if I ever have $400.00+ to lay out for a wideband, I'd probably go ahead and get one anyway.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks to all

Quick Reply: air/fuel/ratio gauge