Lightning

Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Most already know but since everyone is asking in all the other post, lets get it out here as to not take away from them

Yes my brand new Motor is messed up BIG TIME
After (I guess it's 13 sets now) of melted plugs my luck ran out and something real bad took place during the first and only run I got in at JDM Day : o (

I am not looking for sorrow and I will not blame Sal's motor, God knows he put his heart into this build. And I will not blame the nitrous, up to Friday ONLY 8 SEC's of N20 was put through this motor since the rebuild, and in "ALL" cept one of those 13 ocassions IT WAS NOT USING n20 when the plugs melted. But god knows something was wrong and there is no doubt the truck was going lean OFF and on spray. It has melted plugs time after time after time on the Dyno OFF SPRAY and that alone tells me SOMETHING has always been wrong in tuning this Combo, it's now proved to be fatal

I'm going to take this like a man and move on to the future, not that I have any with the $ I owe out, but I'm too far in to back out now, so you know what I mean....
My Truck is at JDM and it will be done right, I'm extremely excited about it,
"cept where the hells the money coming from part" and I very much looking foward to being able to WOT my truck for the first time since 2004 WITHOUT me having to change plugs or sink more money into it I DONT have.
@*#$@*#$@*#$$@#$*(@#$*@^%@$#*@#$*@#$@$^#%*@$&#$
Thank You Jim, Thank You JDM, and Thank EVERYONE for the unbelivable amount of phone calls, e-mails, and conversations I've had since this happen.
If it wasnt for you guys, I would have gave up a looooooooooong time ago....

BUT LET THE RECORDS SHOW
Even know all hell broke loose as it was down to firing on "1" still good spark plug, and I got off it only hundreds of ft into the run, (and it then stalled). I still rolled through with a 11 sec pass, (dam I was on a good run, an easy low 11)
#%*)^#%)*^#@%)^#%)^#%_#$%#%^)#%^_# &$^*@$*@$$
; o )

I had a 4.7 330ft time and comparing that to some slips I have (based on the peoples ET I was lined up with) the same 4.7 330ft equaled as good as 11.1
&(@^#$*(@$%(@$%@($%@$()%@$()^%@$(#@$#(^@$#(@$%(@^$ %(@$^@($%(@$^%@$(^%@($%@#$(@#$^@$#(@#$^(@$#^(@$#%( @$
06 here we come, TEAM JDM BABY......

Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 AM
I guess my morals are stronger than yours, but for me if someone built my motor an that person, in my opinion had nothing to do with it like you are saying(Sal), than I would be a loyal customer to him and not "SHOP HOP".

Once you have one person start on it and have someone else finish it, you're just looking for more trouble.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best. I know you where trying to say Sal wasn't at fault but it sure is going to seems that because you went to JDM . Personaly your are doggin on a shop here that doesn't deserve it.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob I know it's gotta hurt having been down the road you have. And the amount of money spent has to H-U-R-T even more than the pride.

Now, I personally had bad experiences with your new tuner of choice. But I will say (and have always said) I've seen nothing but good quality out of them. That's undeniable IMO. Your gonna pay for it.. But it'll be solid when they are done I'm sure.

I'm sure next year will be filled with 10 second passes.

Rich

Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 AM
I think that announcement is as big as when Parcells said he was coming to the Jets from the Pats.

Good luck man, I am sure they will straighten it out for you. Maybe this will also make some sense of why you couldn't get any more out of upping the jets on the nitrous.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Good luck Rob. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Adrenalinowner

Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear about it dude; let us know what they find when it gets tore down.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 1fst54
I guess my morals are stronger than yours, but for me if someone built my motor an that person, in my opinion had nothing to do with it like you are saying(Sal), than I would be a loyal customer to him and not "SHOP HOP".

Once you have one person start on it and have someone else finish it, you're just looking for more trouble.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best. I know you where trying to say Sal wasn't at fault but it sure is going to seems that because you went to JDM . Personaly your are doggin on a shop here that doesn't deserve it.
I agree with 1fst54...why go someplace else when your happy with the service before....do you think the other shop has a better product?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Not to knock Sal, I know he has done a lot for the L community but I can't blame Rob at all. If I spent around 10K on a new set up and all I had to show for it was a Yr of misery and a blown motor, I would cut my losses as well. Hopefully once the motor is apart Rob will get some ? answered.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by raider
I agree with 1fst54...why go someplace else when your happy with the service before....do you think the other shop has a better product?

I agree with both these guys! All the top tuners have lost motors. I just see it as a slap in the face if I did your motor and you won't let me try and correct it.

Anyways good luck with your new set up!

Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Rob, I'm sorry to see such a nice guy go through such BS...You do NOT deserve it at all...Hopefully your new setup will be better and and give you the power and consistency that you want...Good luck Bro...

Old 11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW: I'm **VERY** curious as to what the "root cause" turns out to be. Not sure JDM will give a straight answer though.

Rich

Old 11-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by wydopnthrtl
BTW: I'm **VERY** curious as to what the "root cause" turns out to be. Not sure JDM will give a straight answer though.

Rich
Oh I think he will...Time will tell..

Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I sure have seen a lot of built motor deals go bad. I know I sure have had my share of problems from a "built" motor.

Rob; you sure there was enough fuel in the tank and you didn't uncover the pumps?

Old 11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by 1fst54
I guess my morals are stronger than yours...
Morality has nothing to do with it. Ultimately it's a customer decision on what's done or not done. None of us know what advice Rob decided to follow or ignore. But we all have seen that his setup had problems from the get-go. Is it from past decisions/abuses, who knows? Rob will have JDM do what he probably should have done all along, Rob will have his 10's and JDM will take the credit. This is about decisions, not morals. Good luck Rob.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 AM
does this mean you are stepping down as president of LOONY?

good luck bro!

Quick Reply: Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(