Lightning

Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rob,
Sorry about your motor Bro.I don't know how you diddn't give up yet,I give you lots of credit.
I hope everything works out for you.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:37 PM
sorry

and we surly didnt work out any special payment plans.
Sorry if i pissed you off Rob, I was simply speculating that i could have been a possiblility just by how Sal mentioned he couldn't spot you the repair.

And even if Jim did offer you something like that, I wasn't saying that that's what made you have JDM fix the truck. I know sometimes i have guys bring equipment in that are short on money so we fix it for them and they pay for it over the winter untill it's paid off and then pick it up. That's kinda what I was thinking.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I know this has been a difficult time for you, and a painful decision to make. I do know from experience that you will be happy with this choice ($$ not withstanding).
I appreciate all the info you provide, and it is unfortunate that good people are hurt by the poor results being discussed, but as you say it is YOUR truck.
The JDM engine program is great, the attention to detail is admirable and their proximity to the track is a great benefit for tuning a combo like yours. Also I find that Jim is always on the conservative side until all is ready and you are sure you want additional risk. This bit of conservatism is going to help save you from yourself.
I hope to join you and all our Lightning brothers all next season as we show the performance world what we can do.
Jim

Old 11-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Rob , sorry to hear about your motor. I was close to the situation you are now with my 1000 mile SHM built motor. Luckily my only damage was wrist pins and rod bushings and it runs like a champ now, after a local Arizona builder rebuilt it. I know how it feels about all the money that seems to have been wasted., my truck sat for 2 years + making payments,and credit card payments in the garage , there was a few months i would come home from work ,and not even open the garage door, because i didn't even want to look at it. Take a break from the truck, and things will be better for you later on ,people on these boards will help you , (Like I told you before "Pay It Foreward")Hindsight 20/20 i would have got a JDM motor from the start. Take care

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Nothing personal Rob...But you are a MEATHEAD!!! Your second post reads more critical than your first.

I think Sal paid Jim to get you out of his hair...LOL.

On a different note... Am I the only one here who has caught on that Sal and Jim don't seem to have issues with each other any longer. How about all the soldiers put down their focking sabers.

Rocks

Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
I think everyone is losing sight of the big picture. Rob turned his daily driver into a race truck. And having several race vehicles over the years, there is certain one thing will happen. STUFF BREAKS!
We drive a farm truck. Like it or not, it's a farm truck. To turn it into a race truck takes a lot of money. that money is an investment, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

There are alot of people who don't want to, or cannot (maybe different priorities) spend that much money on a truck

I've seen parts from everyone out there have issues. EVERYONE.
I don't care who built or tuned it, you are going to have issues with it. There is no such thing as a flawless race vehicle. By it's very nature, something is going to break.

Rob, Bro, I feel for ya. I've been there with other vehicles. Sometimes, you have to step back and realize, it's simply not worth it. it's just a toy.

Remember this:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=171286
Well He's had 2 more engines in it since then. (2 this year) Have you ever heard him blame anyone or anything?
People wonder why he's so respected around here...

Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 PM
If I were in your situation, I would find a used engine to stick in there and sell that truck or at the very least wait till some of those CC bills come down before you get to building another engine. You can take your time and tear it apart to see what happend and it won't cost you a dime. I'm sure plenty of guys here that are local would help you swap out that engine ( I know I would if I wasn't 2000 miles away).

JDM has always been great for me but they do charge a premium for their services and rightfully so. That is not to say that the other tuners out there are inferior.

I hope you get things worked out and you can get your 10 second slip. Hopefully you can hit the lotto and all will be well

Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Smile

JDM Rocks....

I don't understand how some people borrow money to buy something using their CC and when it's time to pay up, they get mad about having to pay the money back???

If I can't afford something, I don't get it... I buy stuff only when I know I can pay for it.

peace

Last edited by RimCzar; 11-08-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by l-menace
I think everyone is losing sight of the big picture. Rob turned his daily driver into a race truck. And having several race vehicles over the years, there is certain one thing will happen. STUFF BREAKS!
Please explain how Rob turned his truck into a race truck>??? I for one do not believe that is what Rob wanted and I don't think that is what he intended. I also believe that when 90% go with a built motor we do it for a bit of piece of mind when we step on that pedal, not to turn our trucks into "race" truck.
That's my take on it, I know in your little world only your opinion matters but I think many will agree with me.
I had a strong running stock long block. I went built so I wasn't thinking the next pass would be my last every time. I did not go built in hopes of having a "race" truck. I have a quick street truck that can run a good number at the track. Going built for me, cost me double what it should have a year of racing though as well. -Mat-

Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Rob
There is an old saying that says "the first liar doesn't stand a chance" I suppose that could be true of almost anything.....for instance engine building.

I think you owe it too yourself to make sure you get a better motor than Gator.....
Best of Luck
Dale

PS....J/K Gator

Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by SVT F15O
Please explain how Rob turned his truck into a race truck>??? I for one do not believe that is what Rob wanted and I don't think that is what he intended. I also believe that when 90% go with a built motor we do it for a bit of piece of mind when we step on that pedal, not to turn our trucks into "race" truck.
That's my take on it, I know in your little world only your opinion matters but I think many will agree with me.
I had a strong running stock long block. I went built so I wasn't thinking the next pass would be my last every time. I did not go built in hopes of having a "race" truck. I have a quick street truck that can run a good number at the track. Going built for me, cost me double what it should have a year of racing though as well. -Mat-

last thing I want to do is argue.. but I consider it a race truck because he was winding up to spray a HUGE shot of nitrous at it. At least that's what i've read in his posts. I don't think many spray that much on the street.

I've been talking with friends, and I concluded that less boost and more nitrous is the way to go. Like a 2# lower and a 150 or larger shot, would likely produce more results.
As Nitrous adds more cold oxygen into the a/f mixture. Where more boost adds more oxygen also, however due to the heat the oxygen molecules are taking up more space, so there isn't necessarily more oxygen in the combustion chamber. WIth Nitrous, you know you're getting a lot of oxygen, which results in a better burning flash. my 2.5 cents

Old 11-08-2005, 10:38 PM
LOL....the bean counters are starting to put there .02 worth in.....OH GAWD ROB....SELL IT NOW BEFORE YOU LOOSE YOUR A$$ !!!

I say do it right and don't worry about the stupid money. You can't take it with you anyway. When things are right these "old farm trucks" are a hell of a lot of fun, I'd say they are even more fun than money in the bank, but what the hell do I know...I've never had money in the bank
Dale

Old 11-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bad as L
LOL....the bean counters are starting to put there .02 worth in.....OH GAWD ROB....SELL IT NOW BEFORE YOU LOOSE YOUR A$$ !!!

I say do it right and don't worry about the stupid money. You can't take it with you anyway. When things are right these "old farm trucks" are a hell of a lot of fun, I'd say they are even more fun than money in the bank, but what the hell do I know...I've never had money in the bank
Dale
Listen to this man; what he says is very very true IMO

Just took me a while to get there like many others, and I got screwed by big companies along the way. Biggest thing is don't trust anyone; question everything and do as much yourself as possible. Or, pay someone big $$$'s to do it for you.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:53 PM
We're always gonna be in the hole. Might as well be in the hole happy. lol.

BTW-It was good talking to you at JDM day Rob. Shoot me an e-mail at micronp450@aol.com

Justin

Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM
These last three post are probably the best ones I have read here. -Mat-

Quick Reply: Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(