Lightning

Superchips Changes ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-1999, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Superchips Changes ?

Just what does the chip change and Just how does it go about the process. I have read about Superchips and even have on in My xr4tI with the SVO upgrade. Does The chip take advantage of marginal areas that the factory doesn't "push the envelope" in ? Will the chip get better with other mods such as increased air flow. Doe's it advance,retard the spark differently ? How does the chip go about firming up the shift of say My 99 Lightning if I install. Will it negate the longevity of the internals. Will My rubber disappear quicker...grin. Will it enhance My profile as I tool,(key word)down the boulevard. Will it enable me to boil the hide offen them 20" meats I plan to install from the HD truck package Ford plans to market.Does the chip hold it's value ? Say, if I want to resale it. Can I bump the timing in the 99 Lightning like I could in My 93 Lightning. I ran it at 15 degrees before TDC and it never detonated on HiTest. If I do tow with this truck which position should the flip chip be run in.

[This message has been edited by Twisted99 (edited 08-12-1999).]

Old 08-13-1999, 10:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Twisted99,

You might want to take a look at the thread titled "99.5 Superchip>> Part 2", for some of our members feedback on their Lightning Superchips. There is a lot of good information there that answers a lot of your questions. It's a lot to type, so if you'd like to discuss this in detail, feel free to give me a call, our number is below. I'll be happy to go over all of this with you.

Bests,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Superchips Changes ?