Lightning

One last question about the JDM e-fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One last question about the JDM e-fan

I have completed the install but have two relays that came with the kit left over. The are in a FORD bag and the part number is F0AZ-14N089-A Are these just in case you don't have existing relays?

Thanks!!!

John

Old 06-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John893
I have completed the install but have two relays that came with the kit left over. The are in a FORD bag and the part number is F0AZ-14N089-A Are these just in case you don't have existing relays?

Thanks!!!

John

I belive they go on the firewall ... that's where mine are.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:31 PM
If JDM's e-fan kit is similar to LFP's e-fan kit - and they look alike - you need those relays as a part for the connecting wire harness supplied in the kits. As noted above - I mounted mine on the firwall.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by John893

Thanks!!!

John
Remember that bracket you mounted? Well the two relays go inside it. The bracket would be difficult to mount with the relays in them. I know their directions are not very clear on this.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Thank you very much guys, the relays belonged on the harness above the solenoid... What confused me is the fan worked when I turned it on using the switch.. .... but it would not work when turning on the AC or after driving it for 100+ miles yesterday in 90 degree heat. The truck never got hot, which is a good thing even without the fan running. Now the fan kicks on and off as it needs to and comes on as soon as I turn on the AC.

John

Quick Reply: One last question about the JDM e-fan