Lightning

Will Don's Bolt ever make it home?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Rob0 would say Woooooo- Hooooooo

I just walked in my door and am home

Got to the exit where the guy selling the Jeep met me and my friend, at around 1:00 today. My friend continued on his way to indiana.

We then drove the 15 minutes to his house, and started checking out the Jeep.

He told me it was a complete frame off restoration 2-3 years ago. Well maybee it was, but if so it has sat outside unused for all that time.

The frame is all rusted(but not bad, a little cleanup and it would have been ok) the front shock towers are just bolted on. The right rear shock is missing the lower bolt. The steering colum is loose, and you can move it a inch in any direction. The hood has a broken right latch and the center latch is missing. The little things that support the windshied if you want to lower it are missing, and the brackets that hold the windshield in the upright position are also missing. The rubber gasket for the windshield as also in terrible shape. The tailgate doesn't close very tight, and the electrical system is a mess. It would have needed a new paint job, and the way he mounted the fender flares is a hack job.

Other than that, what a great jeep. hehe

So after 5 minutes checking it out, I tell the guy I just can't spend that kind of money for this jeep. So he tells me he will drop me off at the bus station. A minute later he pulls over and says here is the bus stop.

Well this is a little hick town in east bum f*ck midlle of nowwhere. I find a phone number for the NewJersey transit authority, and find down the raod there is a bus leaving for NYC at 2:30. I try to call a few cabs, but none are available, so I call the police station, and they offer to take me to the other buss stop. However we miss it by 2 minutes, so they take me back to the origional bus stop. I now have to wait till 4:30, well the bus to NYC finally shows up at 4:30 and gets into New York at 6:30 Lucky for me the 6:30 train is delayed and I make it on it just as it is leaving.

Well it is now midnight and I am home

It was a day from hell, and my head is pounding.

If the guy had taken a weekend or two working on the Jeep, cleaning things up, painting the frame, tightening a few bolts, he might have made a sale. Or at least I might have been willing to try to make a deal with him.

Hell I spent 6 or 8 hours getting the Jeep I sold for $3900 as perfect as I could make it for the new owner. It has new rear brakes, and a new radiator, in the past week, so I can have peace of mind knowing I sold the guy a good vehical.

Well off to bed

:o

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 05-04-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Glad, you made it home safe Don!

Let me know if you decide to come this way! Rest asured I won't leave you on the side of the road!

Peace,

Suavy

Old 05-04-2005, 12:39 AM
He made it!!! I was just gonna call you too. After hearing about your day, I guess I can't really complain about mine.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Don
If you remember where the guy lives we could er - uh "pay him a visit" for you if you would like

We have ways of dealing with people like that!

Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow Don sorry to hear about your dealings guess some people are just a$$holes. Should have let us know you were coming down this way. Hell I don't know you personally but I would have given you a ride. I hate to see good people get screwed like that. At least you got home safe.

Victor

Old 05-04-2005, 03:16 PM
damn, what a PITA .... its a shame he wasted your time, its a crap shoot almost every time with a used vehicle....doesnt seem like he was a strait shooter from the sound of it...at least there was enough physical problems to make you pass on the deal...who knows what the engine and trans are like if he doesn't even take care of the outside.

at least you made it home.... so did the cop have any confiscated buddage for sale? D.E.A. hook-ups are the ****

Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Maybee I will buy this

Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Don,
that SUCKS! plain and simple.

your second choice is very nice.

I'm a jeep person though, I have my 3rd one as my DD

Old 05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Don

You know one of Sals customer has a nice little Jeep he's selling,
I forgot about that. It's very clean, and I dont think he's asking too much. It also has some nice add ones already, I believe a little lift, tires, wells, etc....

I see him there all the time, Sal just turned his Stang into a beast and now he says it's too fast and he cant get no traction, hehehehe. You should write Sal and say hey who's the Dude Rob sees at your shop all the time with the Jeep for sale and the Stang you work on....

Old 05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Or you can just be like my dad and bid on this thing:

I guess this means the gen 1 will be for sale soon..

Old 05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
Maybee I will buy this
At least that looks like it would make the jeep day from hell worth the wait,
Glad you made it back without runnin into Robs friends LOL

Old 05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I tell you all I have it rough, now that I am down to one vehical.

It has been so tough being forced to drive a lightning with recaro seats, sirius radio, and 630rwhp the past two days.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Early Bronco's rule!!!!!

Don't buy it Don.....I will be too jelous!

Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
Or you can just be like my dad and bid on this thing:

I guess this means the gen 1 will be for sale soon..
that is sick!! tell your dad to go for it
i want one of those in a bad way with either an L motor or a Cobra motor in it

Old 05-05-2005, 11:06 PM
If you find one down this way again, let me know Don. I will be headed that way with an empty trailer in 2 weeks.

That reminds me....do I need cash...or do the women you hang with take credit cards?

Rocks

Quick Reply: Will Don's Bolt ever make it home?