Lightning

Petition for DiabloSport to deliver on the Lightning firmware update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine with the understanding it would be updated to hold more than one custom tune sooner rather than later. I've emailed Diablo a couple of times asking for the update, never heard back.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by KCinAZ
I bought mine with the understanding it would be updated to hold more than one custom tune sooner rather than later. I've emailed Diablo a couple of times asking for the update, never heard back.
Why would you have that "understanding"? Not trying to be a smart-***, just wondering what led you, and others, to believe that? Was there something stated on the package? An insert that said anything about a future update?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LightningTuner
I spoke to Diablo. They are currently working on all the updates, have most of it done, and it should be finished shortly. The 05 Mustang Predator development sent everything else to the back burner, but now that it's been finished, Diablo is catching up on all the other stuff.
Classic example of poor customer service.

You already can't support the customers whose money you have already taken, but you insist on putting them at the back of the line so that you can collect more money from a new batch of suckers.

And we are not talking just convenience features here -- we are talking stock tunes proven to be dangerous to use.

Hey, what's a few more blown Lightning motors when we have 05 Mustang tuners to sell?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Is this update going to be free, or will it cost more $$$?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 35thPony
well when you chose to use a company that tries to copy the innovators in industry, you will get stuff like this... That is all I will say about Diablo.
But one of the advantages of copying someone else's technology is being quick to market.

Don't know anything about any alleged copying here, but it sure as hell was not quick to market. In fact, it was the longest two weeks in recorded history.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Redlightn 02
Is this update going to be free, or will it cost more $$$?
I am pretty sure it will be free, you just DL it from diablosport.com

Old 03-01-2005, 10:53 PM
This new Whipple's looking like a similar two weeks...

Herb

Old 03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Master Of Pain -

Thanks for taking this up. If they choose to ignore us, we need to post lots of info so any newbies understand what they are getting into.

Like Stan said, we can vote with our wallets.

E-Mail Sent !!!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by 03WHITELIGHTNIN
I believe what he is trying to say is that diablo copied superchips.
diablo was started because superchip was content with being average.

the blown motors seem to be from the uninformed or misguided if you will.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Classic example of poor customer service.

You already can't support the customers whose money you have already taken, but you insist on putting them at the back of the line so that you can collect more money from a new batch of suckers.
Tim, I don't know if I would go THAT far. There wasn't really anything wrong with the Predator when it first came out. Diablo just wanted to improve some areas based on customer feedback as time went on. They are always updating the Predator programming for all their different units.

I think if I were a Predator owner, I'd be glad that the Predator is "upgradable" and than you don't have to just throw it away and buy something new when things are changed.

As for the tunes, I don't know what they plan to do with those. I don't worry about it as the majority of my Predator customers purchase the tool for MY tunes, and the ability for me to e-mail changes/updates, with no intention of using the Diablo tunes.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Suspended
Originally posted by RDY2RAC
diablo was started because superchip was content with being average.

the blown motors seem to be from the uninformed or misguided if you will.
I am talking about them spending all there time researching what SCT comes out with in terms of programing software and copying it. A very highly thought of tuner on here was actually using SCT to tune with and the copy and pasting fuel tables into Diablo software as well. This tuner is always supports Diablo, but was using SCT to tune with. Of course tuning is much more than fuel tables so customers were not getting what they deserved. I will not mention names, because he is well thought of and people will just side with whoever and bashing will begin. Just know that Chris Johnson is THE innovator in the industry and his stuff will be copied and duplicated.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Tim, I don't know if I would go THAT far. . . .
Just trying to keep things lively.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Just trying to keep things lively.
And I'm just trying to be politically correct .

Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 35thPony
I am talking about them spending all there time researching what SCT comes out with in terms of programing software and copying it. A very highly thought of tuner on here was actually using SCT to tune with and the copy and pasting fuel tables into Diablo software as well. This tuner is always supports Diablo, but was using SCT to tune with. Of course tuning is much more than fuel tables so customers were not getting what they deserved. I will not mention names, because he is well thought of and people will just side with whoever and bashing will begin. Just know that Chris Johnson is THE innovator in the industry and his stuff will be copied and duplicated.
I don't know where you're getting your info from, but those are some pretty big accusations. And FYI, you can't "copy and paste" fuel tables from SCT to CMR, the two software programs don't even use the same units for those tables.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 PM
reminds me of windows 3.1 then 3.11, then 95, then 98/NT then ME, then '00, then XP... Next...?

Quick Reply: Petition for DiabloSport to deliver on the Lightning firmware update