Lightning

Is $191.98 a good price for a K&N FIPK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is $191.98 a good price for a K&N FIPK?

I'm shopping around for a K&N Kipk for my L and I found one at a local place (won't mention name, not sure of vendor rules) for only $191.98. Anyone know of a place with a better price? Maybe a vendor of ours? I've searched, but not found anything better. Most places want approx. $270.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Old 01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
i shopped around a lot for mine and the best prices were around 200 bucks.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Anything under $200 for a K&N is a good price. I don't think you'll find too many L owners going with the K&N setup though. Most like the setups from any of the L vendors. I used PSP kit on mine and it worked great. I've also heard good reviews on the JLP setup as well. Just my .02

Old 01-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mart Man 03 L
Anything under $200 for a K&N is a good price. I don't think you'll find too many L owners going with the K&N setup though. Most like the setups from any of the L vendors. I used PSP kit on mine and it worked great. I've also heard good reviews on the JLP setup as well. Just my .02
Good point. I had a K&N on mine for 5k miles and have since changed. It's now sitting in my garage.

I know of a used K&N for sale at a very reasonable price

Old 01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I use a JLP and love it.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
What's wrong with the K&N? I've ran their fipk's on multiple vehicles from v8's to turbo 4's and had no complaints? Do others just make more power, or is there a design/fitament issue that people have?

Plus, I like the idea of having a heat-shield, which most of the huge cone filter intakes don't have.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Kimo_Daube
What's wrong with the K&N? I've ran their fipk's on multiple vehicles from v8's to turbo 4's and had no complaints? Do others just make more power, or is there a design/fitament issue that people have?

Plus, I like the idea of having a heat-shield, which most of the huge cone filter intakes don't have.
Not needed on our trucks. Temp probes have shown a slight increase in temps at a stand still, but lower very quickly once the truck is moving. Case in point: look at the engine pic on Vinnie's L. He's got a 10 second L that runs an open element. That was all the proof I needed. I used the PSP set-up and never had any issues and made great HP/TQ #'s. I think their kit is under $200 if memory serves. The K&N thing is kind of like the Flowmaster thing. I've had many vehicles where these products performed very well, they just don't do well on the L.

Quick Reply: Is $191.98 a good price for a K&N FIPK?