Lightning

The time has come...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time has come...

Love the Lightning but I'm giving it up. Time for a new garage queen. You may remember me posting about getting a 300C SRT-8 a few months back. Well, that thing is a pipe dream. I'm not willing to pay markup, or sticker for that matter and that's what I would be looking at if I got one.

So, I've been doing some research and homework. It looks like I'll be getting a Z06. More than likely an '03. Not sure if I'll get a stocker or modified. It's a buyer's market right now and they can be had for a good price.

I'll keep you up to date with the progress. And if anyone is interested in my L, shoot me an email.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, I thought this was a post about lunch @ RJ's

Let me know when you pick up that Z06, I heard they taste like chicken, and I want to find out

Old 01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Oh, I thought this was a post about lunch @ RJ's

Let me know when you pick up that Z06, I heard they taste like chicken, and I want to find out
I was hoping you'd be the first to reply.

Come on now...this is better than the 300, eh?

Can't wait to get to Atco with the Z.....and have some beers with you. Or RJ's....for lunch.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Good move. I feel the time for a change slipping up on me, too. I'm trying to hold out for a couple of years, to see what else hits the market. A used Z06 with low miles sounds like a winner to me, though. Go for it!

Old 01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
sold my truck and picked up my zo6 friday morning. what a fun car to drive

Old 01-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan SS2471

Come on now...this is better than the 300, eh?

Can't wait to get to Atco with the Z.....and have some beers with you. Or RJ's....for lunch.
Damn right it is

You just got to love a track that has a bar w/stripper pole in the pits

Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by BLUE N BLOWN
sold my truck and picked up my zo6 friday morning. what a fun car to drive
Nice!

Specs? I might have to pick your brain a little.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Was it all of my talk about Z06's during the past couple of months that did it?

Old 01-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by yysenhimer
Was it all of my talk about Z06's during the past couple of months that did it?
Yep. You got me.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Dan SS2471
Yep. You got me.
I was looking for a modded one. I am tired of buying something, spending a lot of money modding it and then selling it later, losing all of the mod money. Wound up buying the 250 though, a little more practical for now. Prolly get my mother's 5.0 at some point so I'll mess with a turbo kit or something on that.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE CHOICE BOB
Best of luck

Old 01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Damn right it is

You just got to love a track that has a bar w/stripper pole in the pits

Old 01-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Funny - I just sold my 'Vette for my L.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 AM
And just think with every Vette you get:

Daytime running lights so you, too, become a "safety sam".

An event data recorder (black box) that records your every move and can be used to prosecute you in the event of an accident.

OnStar, so that you can be tracked everywhere you go. And, if you miss a payment it is a lot easy to find for the repo folks. And, if you try and beat 'em out of the driveway, they can shut the car off, any time, anywhere.

Enough bizzare electronics, including self equalizing radios, the engine oil warning programmed into the factory head unit, a body computer that verifies the VIN for the radio and three seperate antenna systems. Just ask you local stereo shop how deeply integrated all of the electronics are. There's a class II data cable between the radio and the body computer. Yeah, the body has a seperate computer. The ECU that runs the engine is a seperate unit. There also a computer for climate control.

Just think of the car as being your very own electronic nanny!

Yes, they are nice, fast cars. They're also a rolling invasion of privacy. Every one that is sold only inspires GM to think they are doing the right thing. They are not.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by kerno
And just think with every Vette you get:

Daytime running lights so you, too, become a "safety sam".

An event data recorder (black box) that records your every move and can be used to prosecute you in the event of an accident.

OnStar, so that you can be tracked everywhere you go. And, if you miss a payment it is a lot easy to find for the repo folks. And, if you try and beat 'em out of the driveway, they can shut the car off, any time, anywhere.

Enough bizzare electronics, including self equalizing radios, the engine oil warning programmed into the factory head unit, a body computer that verifies the VIN for the radio and three seperate antenna systems. Just ask you local stereo shop how deeply integrated all of the electronics are. There's a class II data cable between the radio and the body computer. Yeah, the body has a seperate computer. The ECU that runs the engine is a seperate unit. There also a computer for climate control.

Just think of the car as being your very own electronic nanny!

Yes, they are nice, fast cars. They're also a rolling invasion of privacy. Every one that is sold only inspires GM to think they are doing the right thing. They are not.
Wow. And here I thought I was just buying another high performance vehicle. Not worried about all of the 'Big Brother' equipment. If I screw up and get into an accident, it's on me. I don't need anyone to tell me what I did wrong. I'm a big boy. DRLs..can be bypassed very easily, but I like them. Not too worried about the repo man as I don't plan to have any payments to make. Not really an audiophile, so whatever piece of crap is in there, stays there. I like to concentrate when I'm driving anyway. Most times the only time the radio is on is so I can listen to traffic updates because I live in NJ. Invasion of privacy....I don't see it that way. I just see it as, like I said in my opening sentences...another 'high performance vehicle'.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: The time has come...