Lightning

My Motor is apart, WOO HOO........

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Guess What I CARE

I am one of those people that believe's the motor DOES NOT
run great once second, and then JUST EXPLODE the next. After over 2 years of running Nitrous through a stock block L, I for one was very interested in what we found inside, (and so were lots of others.)

Sal was surprised on how well the motor looked, but also found a bearing eating iteself up, now that is EXTREMELY INTERESTING to me, and should be to you.

MAYBE THE WEAK LINK ISN'T THE ROD'S MISTERgadget
MAYBE IT'S THE BEARINGS
rob, i think ford has these motors BALANCED to a certain spec (400 horuse power) then us maniacs tweak the ever living **** out of them. and they are not balanced for that power. bearings get weak then the rod blows a skylight. just my 2 cents.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Don't patronize me Rob. You know it's not just about this, but how you use F150 online as your own personal blog. It gets old very quickly. You have 4 times the posts I do, and have been here about a year less. That is alot of crap to sift through.

Edited for spelling.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:46 PM
It's actually quite a simple set up (Forum's that is)
If you guys don't like my post, simply pass them by

But the fact you rather bash me, is proff of what this is REALLY all about. And what the Hell does how many post I have, have to do with anything ???? I have giving back to this community 10 fold more than you, and I help EVERYONE weather I like them or not. (MAYBE THATS WHY I HAVE MORE POST) And even if YOU don't like me or my post, I'd still bend over backwards for you, and help anyway I can

Maybe I should post some of THE MASSIVE e-mails I got
since these remarks started, giving opinions on YOU guys!!
I THINK YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED ON HOW MANY I GOT
(believe me, it's 10 fold the two of you)

and had you paid attention to the post, maybe you would have scene that a clear pattern seems to be related to #7 bearing
I didn't know that, NOW I DO
AWESOME INFO EVERYONE, I learned alot, THANKS

Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey Rob, if you want to sell one of your old pistons I'll take one. Need a paper weight.

I'm serious!

Old 12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Don't patronize me Rob. You know it's not just about this, but how you use F150 online as your own personal blog. It gets old very quickly. You have 4 times the posts I do, and have been here about a year less. That is alot of crap to sift through.

Edited for spelling.
patronize ???? you clicked on the link and you posted in the thread. So Robs threads get your panties in a bunch and ruin your day by having "sift through" them ..... that sure is tough sometimes you have to click on page 2 then 3 man...that sucks. ..... what an assshat.

cheer up MISTERgadget, dont be such a baby its not all that bad

youve been patronized.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:08 PM
For what its worth I enjoy the hell out of Rob's posts.....

You never can tell what he will say next, very entertaining if you ask me. I think Gadget needs to relax a little bit.

Rock on nitrous Ronbo!!!!!! OR SOMETHING?????? lol

Old 12-31-2004, 04:07 PM
GENTLEMEN, (not children)

Why do we come to these websites?
It is because we are passionate about of Lightnings. We want to learn all we can about them, we have questions that need answers, or sometimes we simply want to shoot the ***** about them.

But we all have one common reason for being here and that is the Rare Truck we all have.

There are some of us that are extremely passionate about our trucks to the fact that others may be annoyed. But isn't that passion what we want?

But for the passion we have in our trucks, would there be a Kenny Bell blower, or a magnum powers or WHipple. I say no, who would buy them. a company isn't going to dump tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars into a product R&D, if it is not clear there are enthusiasts who will purchase them.

Take me for example. Hell I made a video this summer of my Trek to PSP, the dyno runs and the trek back. Some were interested others weren't.

What about when you first came here? I knew hardly anything about the truck. But by reading thousands of posts and asking hundred's of questions I now know a thing or two about (maybe three) about our unique trucks. And I feel like I can share that with people who have questions that I can answer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm not saying don't express it. All I'm saying is the enthusiasm that Rob shows in ALL his posts is enlightening, educational and entertaining.

Beit not for this site, NLOC, or MILOC (and others since)... I'm sure I'd still be driving a stock Lightning with a K&N Air filter.

Hell, I don't know how many people know that STRANGE ENGINEERING makes an adjustable shock that works great for the Lightning. They work, easy to install and work. They aren't as adjustable as the QA1's, however you can buy them brand new from the store for $120/Pair. (not a piece).

Maybe, just maybe someone reading this thread will learn there is another shock option out there that didn't know that 2 minutes ago. Isn't that what this site is about? Helping and learning.

Stepping off my soap box

Please resume (if you must)

Old 12-31-2004, 04:31 PM
How about edit it for YELLING.

Ding fries are done!

Old 12-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Keep on posting Rob.. Then run over to your LR site and complain about how this site and others are run But don't mention them by name! That keeps you about the fray..

Old 12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Thumbs up I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ROB FOR ALL IS INFORMATIVE POST

" As a lightning owner first one i have owned i would like to thank rob for his informative posts. " They have helped me tremendously and i enjoy his post. i thought this board was to help one another???? some seme to have an ego problem or jealousy"KEEP ON POSTING ROB AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TOM

not edited for spelling

LIGHTNING FAST
AND GONNA BE FASTER
POWERED AND TUNED BY JDM
FREEHOLD NEW JERSEY/

Last edited by tlfwatch; 12-31-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks Everyone (glad some appreciate's it, cause I do you guys)

Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Keep on posting Rob.. Then run over to your LR site and complain about how this site and others are run (rolleyes) But don't mention them by name! That keeps you about the fray.. (devil)
Well thanks for visiting the site (thumbsup)
you'll have to remind me to ban your ip address, hehehehehe....
(thats a joke obviously, "you must have figured me out by now"),

I know of 2 post out of 4800 where ref's were made to other forums, (I did not start either post) in one I remember replying something about having to pay to post a picture, no linking of pic's, no remote linking, they took my sig away etc... (obviously not here) and quite frankly not my type of Forum, I've prob posted twice in a year there. The other I said something like they look at it as a Money Making Business, not a Family and Forum.

Now someone like you may take that wrong way untill you read the next line RIGHT AFTER IT.
(ME I COULDN'T GIVE A RAT'S *** IF CHRIS LOSES MONEY, AS LONG AS WE'RE HAVING FUN)

Shh, don't ever tell him I said that OK

seems like my usual sense of humor to me ; o )

Hell, I don't know how many people know that STRANGE ENGINEERING makes an adjustable shock that works great for the Lightning. They work, easy to install and work. They aren't as adjustable as the QA1's, however you can buy them brand new from the store for $120/Pair. (not a piece).

WOO HOO I didn't know that, and I'm going to need new shocks, and I'm a cheap bastard, THANKS PAL.................

Old 12-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HI!... Anyone have a link to these STRANGE adjustable shocks???????????

Old 12-31-2004, 06:01 PM
If you don't like Rob's posts, then don't read them. Simple solution for a simple problem. You guys bitch about the stupidest things... like a bunch of f**king babies. Get the f**k over it already.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:07 PM
So....Leeann....How's your day goin dear

Okay you caught me......here I am stuck in one of Robs threads....but hey....this is were all the action is
Dale

Old 12-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
If you don't like Rob's posts, then don't read them. Simple solution for a simple problem. You guys bitch about the stupidest things... like a bunch of f**king babies. Get the f**k over it already.
Yea, what she said. Grow up Miss Gidget and keep the post coming Rob.

Quick Reply: My Motor is apart, WOO HOO........