Lightning

Temporary Replacement for my L

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temporary Replacement for my L

Last monday I was in a head-on collision in my daily driver, hand-me-down 94 dodge caravan. Was not my fault, the lady got a wreckless ticket, and im fine. (airbags totaled the car)

The free rental from GEICO/Enterprise is a 4X4 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi 5.7 with 345 hp and 375 tq.

Its fast, but no L.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:42 AM
not bad for a insurance rental

Old 12-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I only brought it up b/c I was shocked. I couldnt stop grinning on my way out of their office.

They had more trucks than anything else on hand....... the 2 door Kia was tempting though.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
the 2 door Kia was tempting though.
Maybe to drive over.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
you better do some off roading before you give it back...I would rip that thing a new one, especially if you make high insurance payments for your truck. I hate insurance companies with a passion.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Konig
you better do some off roading before you give it back...I would rip that thing a new one, especially if you make high insurance payments for your truck. I hate insurance companies with a passion.
needless 4 wheeling the rental will help drive rates even higher...

Old 12-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
needless 4 wheeling the rental will help drive rates even higher...
Excelent point. It amazes me that comments like these are made. I guess if Konig condones that sort of activity then he wouldn't have a problem with his mechanic to feel free to take his Lightning out for a test drive.................................at the dragstrip.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
The woman I struck has GEICO, and I thought it would be a nightmare, but they have actually been amazing.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Geez.. Do you guys ever have any fun? What does a mechanic joy riding in my truck have to do with an insurance rental?

Thats two totally different actions... a personal vehicle that I left at a shop to be fixed vs. a corporate owned rental option...that I pay for with my hefty insurance premium every month... I pay extra to have the road side service and rental service available.

There is no difference between an insurance rental and a regular rental... and no can say they treat a rental as good as their L. Sometimes I think you guys say things just to sound PC ... good for you, you get a cookie.

Last edited by Konig; 12-23-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Konig
Geez.. Do you guys ever have any fun? What does a mechanic joy riding in my truck have to do with an insurance rental?

Thats two totally different actions... a personal vehicle that I left at a shop to be fixed vs. a corporate owned rental option...that I pay for with my hefty insurance premium every month... I pay extra to have the road side service and rental service available.

There is no difference between an insurance rental and a regular rental... and no can say they treat a rental as good as their L. Sometimes I think you guys say things just to sound PC ... good for you, you get a cookie.
Stepping on the gas (of the rental) is all in good fun, but deliberately trying to mess it up, well, that's just plain stupid, and remember, whenever you try to get one-up on businesses, it always comes back to bite you later on because they just simply pass the cost on down to you. I'm not trying to be PC, but they (GEICO) could have given the guy a little junk box rental, and they would have been well within their rights. So, the thanks they get will be deliberate abuse? Then nobody will get decent replacement vehicles in the future. I'm sure you find this ridiculous, but I think it all ties in.

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 12-23-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Sorry about your situation, hope you get back on the road with it soon...... THere is no replacement for a lightning..........LOL

PEacE.................................
Jim

Old 12-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Geico was known in the South Florida area for treating all the police stations to nice shiny new radar guns when business was getting down, Geico can go suck a big one in my opinion.

Oh and as far as rentals go, all I gotta say is nitrous kit , have fun with that one...

-Patrick

Old 12-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Blown347Hatch
Stepping on the gas (of the rental) is all in good fun, but deliberately trying to mess it up, well, that's just plain stupid, and remember, whenever you try to get one-up on businesses, it always comes back to bite you later on because they just simply pass the cost on down to you. I'm not trying to be PC, but they (GEICO) could have given the guy a little junk box rental, and they would have been well within their rights. So, the thanks they get will be deliberate abuse? Then nobody will get decent replacement vehicles in the future. I'm sure you find this ridiculous, but I think it all ties in.

I didn't say break it, I was implying that he should go have some fun with it before returning it. And no, Geico could NOT give him a junker rental... I have Geico and part of the agreement is a "comparable vehicle" will be supplied. I guess its based on price range or general vehicle class. So he got what he paid for, and it just happens to be a 4x4

Quick Reply: Temporary Replacement for my L