Lightning

Porting The magnum...........?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porting The magnum...........?

Im looking for ideas as to what u might think work best.I'm very much into the selfporting.I have done some heads in my past with good results and my own plenum,intake and supercharger(eaton).Dyno proven results with my eaton in both H.P and TQ.I'm gonna look into having before and after results on the dyno to post.In a way i know i might end up with negative results but ahhh what the f#$%.I 'll tig it back together and start over.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Re: Porting The magnum...........?

Originally posted by chimshady1
Im looking for ideas as to what u might think work best.I'm very much into the selfporting.I have done some heads in my past with good results and my own plenum,intake and supercharger(eaton).Dyno proven results with my eaton in both H.P and TQ.I'm gonna look into having before and after results on the dyno to post.In a way i know i might end up with negative results but ahhh what the f#$%.I 'll tig it back together and start over.
My thinking is a used eaton goes for what - $300? Lot easier to swallow a mistake. Screw up a Magnum case and there is another $1500 or whatever down the drain. Maybe you should have a conversation with the Magnum guy (Charles?).

-Mark

Old 12-14-2004, 09:48 PM
It would be nice if Charles chimed in.I've already ported the eaton with reults.I believe the magnum has some potentail as well.But where?

Old 12-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by chimshady1
It would be nice if Charles chimed in.I've already ported the eaton with reults.I believe the magnum has some potentail as well.But where?

has been discussed in another post and charles did reply to it and if i remember correctly it wasn't a very good idea to him....i'll keep looking for the post

Old 12-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason, I spoke to Charles about it yesterday, he said adding the "apten hole" behind the stock outlet would completely ruin the blower. Something along the lines of the intake and exhaust timing would overlap and cause the air to vent off instead of being compressed. He did say if you want to try to do any work to it, you can polish the intake area, and you can smooth the edges of the outlet port.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:08 PM
I was gonna say the inlet of the one I had was a little rough. There was some casting that could have been smoothed out, but I don't think you would want to do anything with the shape.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Jason, I spoke to Charles about it yesterday, he said adding the "apten hole" behind the stock outlet would completely ruin the blower. Something along the lines of the intake and exhaust timing would overlap and cause the air to vent off instead of being compressed. He did say if you want to try to do any work to it, you can polish the intake area, and you can smooth the e
dges of the outlet port.

Then so be it .Let the dremel sing.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:26 PM
JAYSON !!! PUT IT DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE DREMEL....LoL Your a friggen nut man.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Jason, I sent you a little Christmas cheer! Get with Sal it should be there by thursday!

Jason, leave the blower alone! You could get alum dust or crud in the bearing and also that grease is not a common grease. For best results the grease should be measured. Think about how fast your turning it? Or how fast your gonna turn it!

Old 12-14-2004, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Suavy
[B]Jason, I sent you a little Christmas cheer! Get with Sal it should be there by thursday!

Jason, leave the blower alone! You could get alum dust or crud in the bearing and also that grease is not a common grease. For best results the grease should be measured. Think about how fast your turning it? Or how fast your gonna turn it!

Suavy your the man !!!!Merry Christmas to you too.:santa:

Old 12-14-2004, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chimshady1
[B]
Originally posted by Suavy
Jason, I sent you a little Christmas cheer! Get with Sal it should be there by thursday!

Suavy your the man !!!!Merry Christmas to you too.:santa:
Does that mean your gonna leave the blower alone until the package gets there?

Suavy

Old 12-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Suavy
Does that mean your gonna leave the blower alone until the package gets there?

Suavy
Yes ,I promise.lol... Exactly how much boost shoul i make with that setup?Did you ever dyno it with that pulley?Let me hear the lodown.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Damn Jay, just the other day we were talkin about gettin u one of them dinner plates.....

Old 12-14-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna e-mail you through the this board and give you my e-mail address where I'm at now.

Suavy

Old 12-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Blown5Pnt4
Damn Jay, just the other day we were talkin about gettin u one of them dinner plates.....
I have the only one around that I know of.

Quick Reply: Porting The magnum...........?