Lightning

Whooa, Got a Nice (but short) Ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whooa, Got a Nice (but short) Ride

My enigne dyno'd 558hp and 698 torque(without nitrous) this summer so I use any excuse possible to put it to use. Today it was beautiful after about three solid weeks of rain. Looked at the mountains, snow is about 1/3 the way down, so I figured not alot of time left for Lightning fun. I got out one of my two nitrous bottles I had filled in Anchorage earlier this summer and put one in. Went out of town a couple miles and waited for no traffic. Flipped on the bottle heater a few miles ealier and then armed the zex wet system. Got the rmps up to about 2k (PI toruqe converter), and put my foot all the way into it. I have a set of Hoosiers (great traction), but broke them loose (they fought all the way though) for about twenty feet and nailed my butt to the seat. Seeing how I was technically in town, I held it down to 105, but sh?>t I got there quick!!! I am definately going to miss doing that for the next six months!!! Alaska is great, but sometimes it feels the winters are a little too long when you have a bling bling Lightning in the garage!!!

Mark

Last edited by Ak.Silver2K; 10-18-2004 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Short and sweet!!!!!!!

Thats how Rob's post should be

Old 10-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Short and sweet!!!!!!!

Thats how Rob's post should be
Rob has TWO n2o bottles also ... one for the truck and one for his cannula ...

Old 10-19-2004, 04:35 AM
I acturally have three

It is 610 mile round trip to the nitrous refill dealer, so I sprung for a few extra bottles. Being out of the craziness of large cities has its benefits, but car parts and the like is not one of them. Sparse traffic and not so many cops is definately a plus though. Check out my little test track about 12 miles out of town. No side roads or pull offs, so it is about as close to safe as you can get besides being at a bonfide track( closest is 245 miles away).

Mark

Last edited by Ak.Silver2K; 10-19-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Winter driving

I thought you Northern guys just added a few more mods to your trucks to drive in the snow!

Quick Reply: Whooa, Got a Nice (but short) Ride