Lightning

How can I get a vendor to reimburse me for damages they caused

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
This summer I have been bracket racing(FFW) so I haven't really done any full runs. I have been sandbagging a little in qualifying, and have had to hit the brakes on every run in elliminations. I have done a few 7.0 1/8 mile times. Is that good enough??? hehe
You got mail....

Old 09-14-2003, 02:40 PM
TimBurntire
Senior Member &
Supporting Vendor

6) You were one of our best customers and we certainly did appreciated your business and tried to satisfy you.

Please tell me if any of this is not a truth to you.

ps....Pual was accosted by several people at Towers who were spouting about how powerful your truck was. He did make the statement that if you wanted, he would build his truck and race you. All of the other fodder involved is nothing more than words being translated through several people before it got to you.

Call me, if you'd like and we'll set up a race between you and I after Lightningfest, unless you can make it there.

Say for $5000.00

ps....Pual was accosted by several people at Towers who were spouting about how powerful your truck was. He did make the statement that if you wanted, he would build his truck and race you. All of the other fodder involved is nothing more than words being translated through several people before it got to you.

Call me, if you'd like and we'll set up a race between you and I after Lightningfest, unless you can make it there.

Say for $5000.00

Maybe I should report this to internet authorities, since internet wagering is ILLEGAL....and what will this solve...my money will still not be reimbursed.....common courtesy , Tim.....reimburse my money for the foul ups you clearly made.....Tim When will you learn??????????????

Last edited by promodlightning; 09-14-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by timburntire

There are some facts that should be addressed here, Pete.

1) We did not put your motor in your truck. You purchased it from us and it was installed (gratis, by the way, through our connection) by a Ford tech.

2) Although we did put the cams on the heads, the heads were installed by the same Ford tech, and timed there as well. This is daily work for him, and I find it hard to believe he put them in wrong, but we are all human, so that possibility, of course, exists.

3) You, to my knowledge have never blown a motor, so I don't know where you are going with that accusation.

4) If, in fact, the timing was off, it sure would explain why we could not get any power out of your motor.

5) We did, several times, request that you bring your truck back to us for continued assessment and refining, but you refused to do that. We even offered, at no charge to you, even though we did not do the install, to take your motor out, completely go through it and reinstall it, again, at no charge, while you were going to Europe for two weeks.

6) You were one of our best customers and we certainly did appreciated your business and tried to satisfy you.

Please tell me if any of this is not a truth to you.

Say for $5000.00

Maybe I should report this to internet authorities, since internet wagering is ILLEGAL....and what will this solve...my money will still not be reimbursed.....common courtesy , Tim.....reimburse my money for the foul ups you clearly made.....Tim When will you learn?????????????? [/B][/QUOTE]

I could really careless about the legality of a wager at the track, but would be more curious as to the response by promodlightning to the above statements by REM. Some pretty strong accusations have been thrown and just trying to get a clearer picture. Not trying to take sides, but as long as it has been brought to the forum, bith sides should come forth with honest information.

Old 09-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I highly reccomend the purchase of the following book as soon as possible:

Commit this section to memory:

Pete,
humor/sarcasm aside, it would really be in your best interest to to do several things. Flaming REM on the forum won't get much done but start fights, and create a negative image of you online. I know you personally and you're great to hang out with, but creating unnecesary fights just brings everything down. Secondly, quantify is possible all the damages. Collect receipts, etc... for everything you had to pay to fix any damage, and for things like towing and rental cars. Before saying anything at all, write it out, and read it objectively like an outsider. You will be able to express yourself most effectively and get what you want not from fighting or bullying anybody into what you need, but by expressing yourself well and in a non-confrontational manner. If you fight with Paul and Tim you will not get anything resolved. From my personal deealings with Paul and Tim, they have always been professional, courteous, and helpful. I've never seen the side of them being displayed now. Since I don't know the exact details of everything, and do not have an objective, 3rd party report, I can't decide who is right and who is wrong here. I just wish you the best of luck with getting your problems resolved. Everyone else's responses have pretty much covered what you can do to effectively resolve a problem.

Good luck Pete!

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 09-14-2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Thumbs down

Gentlemen................. (that would be Pete and Tim)

I always start this way when I am about to get on a pedestal. I will make it short......

This obvious breakdown in communication is not going to be resolved on this sight. Back and forth, one after the other - it
brings back childhood memories of pong (yes I am prehistoric).

I think you are both great guys. It doesn't matter if you are talking about $2 or $20,000. We have a supporting vendor and customer who need to come to resolve. Who's faster, who's going to win a race, who's making the next accusation - all pointless.

Get a neutral party, have a coffee one morning and work this out! Easy for me to say.

D-Day has spoken for the sole reason of listening to myself, LOL, take it for what its worth - I am both customer and friend - enough is enough!

Last edited by Dan_03Lightning; 09-14-2003 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
I highly reccomend the purchase of the following book as soon as possible:

Old 09-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Dan_03Lightning
Gentlemen................. (that would be Pete and Tim)

I always start this way when I am about to get on a pedestal. I will make it short......

This obvious breakdown in communication is not going to be resolved on this sight. Back and forth, one after the other - it
brings back childhood memories of pong (yes I am prehistoric).

I think you are both great guys. It doesn't matter if you are taking about $2 or $20,000. We have a supporting vendor and customer who need to come to resolve. Who's faster, who's going to win a race, who's making the next accusation - all pointless.

Get a neutral party, have a coffee one morning and work this out! Easy for me to say.

D-Day has spoken for the sole reason of listening to myself, LOL, take it for what its worth - I am both customer and friend - enough is enough!

Im up for that, Dan. I will speak with Tim Kaatz one on one. If he elects to [my emphasis]. I will therefore try to meet him halfway. Pete

Old 09-14-2003, 04:42 PM
F150online
Founder
I think this has run its course one more time.

Quick Reply: How can I get a vendor to reimburse me for damages they caused